Is it ok to ride a tire that is not seated properly?

Madness

I got a flat yesterday and after changing the tube I pumped up the tire as much as I could with my mini pump and the bead still wouldn't seat all the way. After over 20 mins of pumping to the point were the pump was over heated, I just said the hell with it and rode the rest of the way out of the trail with the bead not seated all the way. Would that cause any damage to the tire bead or the tire itself?
Also anybody have any good suggestions for a good mini pump that will be better then the one I have.

The Kalmyk

I got a flat yesterday and after changing the tube I pumped up the tire as much as I could with my mini pump and the bead still wouldn't seat all the way. After over 20 mins of pumping to the point were the pump was over heated, I just said the hell with it and rode the rest of the way out of the trail with the bead not seated all the way. Would that cause any damage to the tire bead or the tire itself?
Also anybody have any good suggestions for a good mini pump that will be better then the one I have.

you can set the bead with a little bit of a tire message, don't depend solely on air pressure. CO2 as well as a pump is what I suggest. though you feel your current pump is sufficient, it would be a great backup to a CO2 system. I prefer...

http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bikeprods.aspx

Top Bottom