Is it legal to ride Garrett Mtn?

TonyC

Hey guys/girls,
Are the trails up in Garrett Mtn. legal or illegal to ride?

I was there yesterday riding w/son and I didn't see any "no biker" signs. The trails are great for beginners and to get your kids into Mtn Biking.
He did great and had a big smile on his face. We rode until he didn't feel like peddling up the hills any more which was about 1hr. Not bad.

All in all a great day.
Tony

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
As far ad I know it is legal to ride in there, it is Passaic county not Essex. The only thing that you have to watch for are the horses.

Tim

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Garrett Mountain is legal for MTB.

Here's a reference to most known parks and how much mtb trail (in miles) there is at each:

http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=391

If there is no value in the MTB column, assume its not legal to ride there :(

note: I think the mileage is out of date, I know there are miles more trails at Allamuchy for example.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Weird, i used to ride at Garrett Mountain and remember reading that it is illegal to ride there.

Also, on that link above, it has Ramapo Mountain State Park listed as well, and i recall that not being legal either.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
idbrian said:
Weird, i used to ride at Garrett Mountain and remember reading that it is illegal to ride there.

Also, on that link above, it has Ramapo Mountain State Park listed as well, and i recall that not being legal either.

I ride Ramapo Mountain State Forest at least once a week. As long as you're in the boundary of the SF you're ok, venture onto Bergen Co land, then its another matter.

Top Bottom