Is it a garmin or wahoo mount?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

I got learned something new today :D

While messing with DT's Garmin 530, I twisted it into my wahoo mount. It worked! Well kinda.

1602097671903.png

Looking at the KOM wahoo mount - and the garmin mount...
they look oddly the same.

1602097784874.png

While the garmin mount didn't have any way to rotate the base, the KOM/Wahoo mount did.

1602097864009.png

So no need to get crazy buying all new mounts if i switch teams!

Maybe knowing the two bases are the same, just rotated might help ya out (ie stem cap mount)
Enjoy - i know this was riveting.

Last edited:

serviceguy

I got learned something new today :D

While messing with DT's Garmin 530, I twisted it into my wahoo mount. It worked! Well kinda.

View attachment 140972

Looking that the KOM wahoo mount - and the garmin mount...
they look oddly the same.

View attachment 140973

While the garmin mount didn't have any way to rotate the base, the KOM/Wahoo mount did.

View attachment 140974

So no need to get crazy buying all new mounts if i switch teams!

Maybe knowing the two bases are the same, just rotated might help ya out (ie stem cap mount)
Enjoy - i know this was riveting.
I’m more interested in knowing what you were doing with Donald Trump’s 530...and did he give it to you pre or post diagnosis?

ekuhn

I found this out when borrowing another bike. Like this looks the same, I click it in and, nope its not its not right. Good to pass on Pat!

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
As far as I know there are 4 brands that have very similar mounts. In addition to Garmin and Wahoo there are Bryton and Hammerhead.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A Garmin will fit a Wahoo, But a Wahoo won't fit a Garmin. You can make it work by trimming a sliver off the Garmin mount, then tip in the Wahoo on one end, and the other through the large opening. Adapted a few of the cheapo, band mounts to Wahoo for stem use.

rick81721

Lothar
A Garmin will fit a Wahoo, But a Wahoo won't fit a Garmin. You can make it work by trimming a sliver off the Garmin mount, then tip in the Wahoo on one end, and the other through the large opening. Adapted a few of the cheapo, band mounts to Wahoo for stem use.

This - has always been the case. When I first got a wahoo I just took an exacto knife to a Garmin mount. Easy

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Update - i purchased the wrong insert for my KOM mount - got the garmin insert.
the wahoo does not fit tightly enough to keep from working loose.
new insert coming.

Top Bottom