Is anyone else sick?

Dang it. Nose is stuffed again. Slight cold past few days. Does anyone feel like riding in the cold is getting them sick more? I don't usually get sick at all (knock on wood), but this is my first winter riding season and I feel like i am catching something every other week! I ride, get off bike, then go inside and put on layers so no cold sweat, and stretch, and I still get something! :mad: I feel better right after my workouts but then like 30 min later im back to the sick feeling.

Lately i've been exercising too much and eating not enough I think. I'm getting lighter and lighter each week. It needs to stop!

The combination of riding a lot and not eating right/enough will make you more susceptible to colds and such. i read up on this a bit because last year I got sick a few times and I know it is connected to me riding way more than before and really not eating much more. I started talking vitamins again (mainly because I am vegetarian) and a vitamin c supp this time of year.

Use general smarts after riding, stay away from sick people right after rides (a big concern for me since I commute in and ride at lunch) as you bodies defenses are down, especially if you had a hard work out.

Illness

Guys I know. My sister is an internist. If you all go to health clubs this is one of the biggest problems right now. People are not wiping the machines down and that includes free weights. All the kids in school are now getting the flu and this other upper respiratory infection which I had a while ago, nasty shit. If your hitting the gym you gotta wash your hands alot because most people are not wiping down cardio equip and especially free weights. Its pretty bad but we're in the home stretch now. Hang in there and get better.

As many oranges and juices I drink I can defend myself lately. I guess I will consider getting on the vitamins for the home stretch. Gyms ARE nasty. Im at the RU rec centers tho but for the rec part not the gym part.

People are work are sooooo stoooopid. Like just last week the guy next to me had some stomach virus. Took off one day to throw up all day and then the next day he is in a work. I straight up told that fool dude you need to go home and he did after lunch. Like c'mon if you're that sick don't be passing it on to other when you don't want to use your PTO.

This has been a really rough month for this, maybe the thread dhould read "who's not sick". It has been a constant on off in my house not just with the kids but even once I got over that chest thing that's going around I still find myself everyday waking up having to clear my thoat and sinuses. Now my daughter's nose is running again....

Back
Top Bottom