Is anyone else sick?

my roommate is pretty much dead. and last friday i lost my voice 100% just now at 98% voice, no fever, no cough, no snots, no sore throat, no nothing just couldn't talk. but the roommate he was bad. but everyone else get well soon

Funny how I posted up how bad I felt yesterday but today after vitamins and garlic heavly dosed for two days I actually went for ride with no issues....RIDE ON!

wednesday was bad. both wife and i had a stomach virus, our sitter bailed on us, and the in-laws had it too. I was throwing up and my wife had it coming out all ends, all while trying to watch out 2 year old son. Ending up going to the emergency room to get fluids and spent 6 f-ing hours there. I feel better today but not 100%.

My wife and I both had a stomach virus yesterday (she had it way worse than I did), snowed-in with our three kids.

Longest day ever.

All better now, just waiting for the one remaining child who has not contracted the vile pestilence to start hurling....

stomach virus hit me yesterday.:( started feeling it 2 hours into my work day (5am). Needless to say I got out of there asap before things got ugly. Much better today though.

Wow, I'm glad that I have managed to avoid all of this sickness. I just have the usual sinus issues going on.

Ug I woke up yesterday morning with a little chest congestion and then I did a nice day of work plus skiing/boarding at creek till 8:30 so this morning I felt like I was run over by a train. I've been dragging through today just so I can go home and hopefully get some rest and not make the entire weekend a wash. We'll see.

The stomach virus that went around was no joke. That thing destroyed me for a few days. Lit up on both ends.

Little microscopic bastards got me now. Started as a cough now in my chest and sinus's and I thought I would wake up today being mostly over it but it is actually worse after a night of head splitting pressure. The wife went for the antibiotics the other day and is now better, I am stubborn.

Well I thought I was getting a little better but I lifted for a day and felt 10 times worse. It's been a couple days and yesterday I saw my doc. Thinks I got some kind of upper respiritory infection. Got some good drugs and I stayed home today. Hopefully I can kick this thing soon.

echinacea_time_release_enlarge.jpg

echinacea is your friend

Sick

Telling you guys, whoever comes down with this chest thing beware and whatever you do, not to play doctor here but DO NOT TAKE A SUPPRESSANT LIKE NYQUIL. YOU'LL F*CKING DIE I'M TELLING YOU. TAKE MUCINEX DM OR ANY OTHER EXPECTORANT. You gotta get that crap out of your lungs. Good luck.

Telling you guys, whoever comes down with this chest thing beware and whatever you do, not to play doctor here but DO NOT TAKE A SUPPRESSANT LIKE NYQUIL. YOU'LL F*CKING DIE I'M TELLING YOU. TAKE MUCINEX DM OR ANY OTHER EXPECTORANT. You gotta get that crap out of your lungs. Good luck.
+1.

Go to the doc if it lasts more than 5 days, trust me on this :rolleyes:

Cough suppressants should only be used when you have a painful cough with no mucus (you're doing more harm than good coughing by damaging tissue), if you have mucus coming up and you take a cough suppressant you just leave it down there and it's VERY common to develop a lower respiratory tract infection because of this.

I've also gotten something vile, I decided to go skiing anyway and by the 5th hour I was really dying, the 2 hour drive home hurt a lot I wish I had a teleporter I'd take the risk of becoming "The Fly"

Edit: For full effect:
fly.jpg

Last edited:
Dang it. Nose is stuffed again. Slight cold past few days. Does anyone feel like riding in the cold is getting them sick more? I don't usually get sick at all (knock on wood), but this is my first winter riding season and I feel like i am catching something every other week! I ride, get off bike, then go inside and put on layers so no cold sweat, and stretch, and I still get something! :mad: I feel better right after my workouts but then like 30 min later im back to the sick feeling.

Back
Top Bottom