iPhone Trail Map App

I tired doing a search but couldn't seem to come up with anything...
I have been using Trailforks to find / follow trails as well as map my route. However, it is less than reliable (or I can't figure out how to use it properly.) I did three separate rides today, one recorded fine, one shows only a partial route and one doesn't even show anything.
I know a bunch of you are using a dedicated bike computer but I'm wondering if there is some app out there that you are using with a great deal of success.

Thanks for the input!

-Erik

joshmdean

I have been recording my rides on an app called AllTrails. It gives you total distance, elevation, average speed, etc.

I have had the same issue with TrailForks.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Strava is pretty reliable for recording rides. Used by many here.

@mattybfat are you still recording on Trailforks? Any advice?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Strava is pretty reliable for recording rides. Used by many here.

@mattybfat are you still recording on Trailforks? Any advice?
Having the same problems with trailforks. Sucks because it was working great a year ago but last 6 months it hasn't recorded a clean ride. Most times just stops. I am anti strava and found only thing I really care about is how far I just rode. In the end it really doesn't matter. It didn't matter when I first started riding and so you could say I came full circle in my cycling life.

roc

I tired doing a search but couldn't seem to come up with anything...
I have been using Trailforks to find / follow trails as well as map my route. However, it is less than reliable (or I can't figure out how to use it properly.) I did three separate rides today, one recorded fine, one shows only a partial route and one doesn't even show anything.
I know a bunch of you are using a dedicated bike computer but I'm wondering if there is some app out there that you are using with a great deal of success.

Thanks for the input!

-Erik
Maprika does a pretty good job. I find that strava works, when I don’t touch my phone for a whole ride. I think maprika has better maps than strava.

bucknejo

+1 on Maprika. Solid maps are available for Ringwood, Jungle Habitat, High Mountain Park in northern NJ.

unsolicited 2 cents - use the maps to learn the trails then unplug and just enjoy the ride

BPaze

I've been using TF and haven't seen any major amount of issues, it seems to record better than when I use Strava but both are decent. I have also used Komoot in the past but didn't see a reason to record it in a bunch of different places. Most of my Strava rides are recorded using TF.

I have heard good things about Maprika, but haven't messed it much.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the heads up on maprika, I still held an account when I used to map road rides.

Thank you for all of the good info! I like the UI on Trailforks, just wish it functioned better!
I don't disagree about just riding but I'm not familiar with all of the trails and like to know where I am and where I can go...

Top Bottom