Ipa

ArmyOfNone

This happens to be my favorite category of beer.

My list goes something like this:

90 minute IPA
Hebrew RIPA
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Flying Dog Double Dog
Stone IPA
120 minute IPA
Sierra Nevada IPA

The more hops the better!!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like the 90 MIPA, but that's a "double" IPA, which has more malt than a normal IPA. I wouldn't consider it a straight IPA. But what do I know?

I like the Mojo IPA. Forget if it has a funny name or not.

MTBTyler

All you wussys drink only one!?!? I drink 3 Cans in the mornin before work next at lunch a bottle of JACK to calm the nervs. Then drink a 6-pack to get the taste outa my mouth. and before bed 3 shots of everclear. YEAH!! thats hardcore!!! :getsome:JK! im only 15 I dont drink:D hahahahaha...ha

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spaghetti?

I'm a big fan of the double IPA, so when I break out one of the 3 I bought I'll probably start a new thread.

Don't make me post another picture!

ArmyOfNone

Spaghetti?

I'm a big fan of the double IPA, so when I break out one of the 3 I bought I'll probably start a new thread.

Don't make me post another picture!

Yea the double IPAs really do it for me. Although the belgian ales have been giving IPAs a run for their money. Ill save that thread for another day.

The Kalmyk

IPA are great...After all it's what the King of England sent to his roughnecks to drink while they were occupying India

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Also my fav style of beer.

Some of my favs:

Blue Point Hoptical Illusion
Stone Ruination
Stone
60/90 Min (120 min is a bit much for me)
Lagunitas
Brooklyn
Double Simcoe for sure, discovered that last winter
Rogue Imperial IPA - If you can get your hands on one steal it, its that good

Wobbegong

The Brooklyn East India Pale Ale is good stuff. IPA is also my fav. style of beer. I'm a fan of the hops.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Another beer favorite for me:

-Sierra Neveda Anniversary Ale (not sure why they don't advertise it on the bottle as an IPA, but this is a great one, early fall seasonal)
-Victory Hop Devil
-Stone IPA
-Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA
-Harpoon IPA (my first IPA and still one of my favs)

Non-IPA hoppy alternate favs:
-Troeggs Nugget Nectar (seasonal)
-Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye

I grab cases of Nugget Nectar and Sierra Neveda when they are in season. The Hop Rod Rye has got me interested in Rye beers and i'm now starting to experiment with those.

Last edited:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Captain Lawrence "Captain's Reserve" Double/Imperial IPA. Even better when you stop by the brewery for free "samples" after a ride at Graham Hills.

I agree on the Stone IPA, Victory Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada, Dogfishhead, etc.

The neighborhood pub a block away from me also keeps Stone IPA on tap year round. Yum.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Been to quite a few of the beer bars in the city and my personal favorite is Hop Devil Grill. They are good for at least 5 IPA taps.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Been to quite a few of the beer bars in the city and my personal favorite is Hop Devil Grill. They are good for at least 5 IPA taps.

I've never been to Hop Devil, but a buddy of mine's girlfriend used to work there. The older I get, the less I want to hike all the way down to the East Village to drink a few beers. A good bar with a solid selection a block from home is perfect stumbling distance. ;)

idbrian

Crotch Rot
does troeggs nugget nectar apply? havent even seen it this year. hoppy, fo sho

It's awesome and only out i believe in March. I wrote them and asked if they would ever make it year round and they said maybe in the next couple of years. There was apparently a hop shortage in the US this year so it was even expensive for them to make for just the month.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There was apparently a hop shortage in the US this year so it was even expensive for them to make for just the month.

Nugget Nectar is an amazingly good beer.

Ever since the country has started to devote more and more acres to ethanol production in an absolutely stunning display of short-sightedness, hops have gotten more and more expensive. This will continue to be the case for years to come.

Read more: America's Beer Crisis

sixseven

Excellent article in this weeks New Yorker on Dog Fish Head Brewery.

My mother lives right by the brewpub in Rehobeth and they always have some mighty good stuff on tap there. Food is so so but the beer rocks, and the owner is always there roaming from table to table and he loves to talk beer.

VanDbtRiver

sierra nevada TORPEDO extra ipa. available at cedar grove, talk to dan biker.

...is a big american ipa. perfectly balanced yet full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal characterof whole-cone american hops.
btw, chimney rock inn has sierra esb on tap fellas!

joeschaar

sign me up for a workingman's Harpoon IPA any day. After a MTB ride, Harpoon is almost a requirment. Not the richest IPA, not the bitterest IPA, just the one that goes right with blood, sweat and mud.:getsome:

Top Bottom