Invincible

you can also try soft knee pads that don't have a hard cap, I started wearing them on the bmx after I had some stitches on my knee. Something like this:

http://www.sicklines.com/2008/12/15/spotlight-six-six-one-d3o-evo-pads/

They aren't quite as bulky and will have better mobility than a hard cap pad but they won't protect as well on rock, but with logs they would work just dandy.

Also, I have worn shin guards when riding trials and bmx (when I started out) and they are mucho hot in the summer, every other season you can deal with them. Eventually I ditched because chicks did scares :D

Just curious, where these mean logs are? You must be thinking big and un-ramped. Not sure if pads help with logs, as much as a mosh-pit. Perhaps we can do a mosh-pit on the next girls ride. We did that once when I was teaching at a clinic in Colorado. Every single lady tried this waterfall section. We just grabbed them if they got onto trouble. I left some blue paint on a rock there from my new bike at that time:cry: but body unscathed. ....Just a thought.

I would love to do a women's pit ride and learn some new stuff. I'm too afraid (smart) to try it alnoe.

So, here's the deal. I am going to buy myself some armor (and coerce my team-mates into doing this with me), get out there, and attack the logs!!!

Hey Mare, one simple pointer for ya...Try lowering your saddle a few inches before attacking especially intimidating logs. You'll have lots more confidence when you know you can easily get a foot down and reach terra firma if necessary. And you'll be less likely to go over the bars. Also, a lower saddle means you won't have as far to fall, on the off chance... ;)

The ole lift- lift!! I own two sets of knee/shin guards one is a youth large from Six Six One and the other is from Specialized. Both fit me well and definately gave me more confidence riding very technical trails. Logs are a challenge. . try setting up jumps in the back yard this way if you fall you're close to home!

Back
Top Bottom