Introduction Becks

Becks

Hi all,

2019, moved from NY to Central NJ. Member of JORBA and several riding clubs in NY and CT. 20 years of riding mtb and road. This spring I picked up a gravel bike since I sold my road bike. Work (REI - Recreational Equipment, Inc) transfer brought me to the Princeton store. I have done several rides at Six Mile and Allaire so far. Last fall I made a trip out to Allegrippis Trails at Raystown Lake in PA which was a blast. Six Mile is a great spot for riding and truly appreciate the evident work to make it a fun place to ride. If you ever need another set of hands to help with maintenance, I am only to happy to give back. I predominately ride weekdays to avoid the weekend trail traffic and hikers.

You can tell it's me by my Timber Bolt bell dinging as I make my way around the trails. Oh, and I wear knee and elbow pads..lol. A few broken bones in past crashes they make me feel safer..:rolleyes:

Anyway, Hello all !

Attachments

• xkFaaOncRmiDowKXSH0g3A.jpg
    xkFaaOncRmiDowKXSH0g3A.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Timberboltmtbbell.jpg
    Timberboltmtbbell.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 169

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Maybe one day we will do some group rides again, until then, keep exploring! Lots of great riding around.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Helloooo!

Welcome to the rock garden state - although you might not have noticed "down" there. :)

kidzach

Welcome aboard. Love the bell. Always thought that would not be a bad idea, and needed sometimes @ Six Mile

Becks

Welcome aboard. Love the bell. Always thought that would not be a bad idea, and needed sometimes @ Six Mile

Saved me numerous times from head on bumps. It rings by way of bike vibration. No human intervention required. A flick of the nub and you can turn it off. Hikers find it particularly useful, as they can hear you coming and are always standing off to the side when you round a bend. Of course I always thank them for that.

Becks

That was my regular REI for 11 months at a Princeton client. Welcome.

U ride Mercer or Chimney Rock yet? Opposite ends of the Rock Garden State spectrum.

Not yet. By the looks of the photo, the trail reminds me of southern Connecticut and Ulster County NY. Mercer County Park is on my list. Looking to start from the Boat house.., I think.

thegock

CR, the picture above, is at the top of the Orange trail last July. Newman Lane or the Ballfield lot.

IMG_20190704_091021-01.jpeg

Watch out for the "locals."

Mercer is flattish Twisties. Most people start on the other side of the Lake by the tennis center or one of the parking lots.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome Beck. Ride trails, explore, post up. Hopefully we'll be able to have group rides at some point in the future.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Not yet. By the looks of the photo, the trail reminds me of southern Connecticut and Ulster County NY. Mercer County Park is on my list. Looking to start from the Boat house.., I think.

Ulster county?!?!? I spent the better part of every summer from age 0-12 in Mt. Tremper (near Woodstock, the town not the concert venue). Ok, that was 40 years ago..... but I’ve been back recently.... sadly, still mostly a depressed area. You should try Nassau. It’s sort of like that park by Ellenvile, NY. (Lippman). BTW, I’m the one on the far left of Tom’s CR photo above.

Becks

It’s sort of like that park by Ellenvile, NY. (Lippman).

Nice to meet you ! I rode Lippman a few times in 2018. Downside was summer traffic through New Paltz, from folks heading to and leaving Mohonk Mt., and the Gunks. Parts are fun and flowy. Lol..as a matter of fact that is where I broke my Greater Tuberosity in my shoulder. Sidelined me for 6 months. Maintenance is not what it used to be. There is a whole section that has gone underground with over-growth )-: Nassau is also on my list to hit this summer. Would love to grab a group ride with you all when this social distancing allows. Today is a Six Mile ride day !

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Nice to meet you ! I rode Lippman a few times in 2018. Downside was summer traffic through New Paltz, from folks heading to and leaving Mohonk Mt., and the Gunks. Parts are fun and flowy. Lol..as a matter of fact that is where I broke my Greater Tuberosity in my shoulder. Sidelined me for 6 months. Maintenance is not what it used to be. There is a whole section that has gone underground with over-growth )-: Nassau is also on my list to hit this summer. Would love to grab a group ride with you all when this social distancing allows. Today is a Six Mile ride day !

I think it's time to send out a search party

Top Bottom