intro

• Thread starter knucklesandwich
  • Start date
K

knucklesandwich

Hey gang. Wanted to say hello and thank whoever's behind keeping this site up and running. I live in the DC area now, but grew up in Somerset County. I commute 15mi roundtrip to work 4-5 days a week on a cyclocross bike, and lately have been too burned out of pavement/path riding on weekends to get out and ride, so I'm now mountain bike shopping for the first time. Figure a new environment to ride in will be a good changeup from my commute.

Hoping to get a Redline Monocog (not sure about 26 or 29er), and really looking forward to bringing it up to NJ when I visit my folks (Lewis Morris when they're at home where I grew up, and Allaire when they're at the shack down the shore.)

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
knucklesandwich said:
Hey gang. Wanted to say hello and thank whoever's behind keeping this site up and running. I live in the DC area now, but grew up in Somerset County. I commute 15mi roundtrip to work 4-5 days a week on a cyclocross bike, and lately have been too burned out of pavement/path riding on weekends to get out and ride, so I'm now mountain bike shopping for the first time. Figure a new environment to ride in will be a good changeup from my commute.

Hoping to get a Redline Monocog (not sure about 26 or 29er), and really looking forward to bringing it up to NJ when I visit my folks (Lewis Morris when they're at home where I grew up, and Allaire when they're at the shack down the shore.)

welcome...

i'd get the 29er. i rode one, and its a sweet ride. :)

NJ Jess

Where do you ride

in DC? What type of mtb is there? I was thinking of camping just outside the city and biking in. Do you think that is possible? Hope you post when you come to NJ to visit!

xc62701

knucklesandwich said:

Welcome abouard. I know a few that ride the Redline 29'er. It's definitely worth it. Go big!

Ryan H.

K

knucklesandwich

NJ Jess said:
in DC? What type of mtb is there? I was thinking of camping just outside the city and biking in. Do you think that is possible? Hope you post when you come to NJ to visit!
Thanks all.
There are a couple places within 15 miles of DC to ride MTB's. I've hit a few of them on my Kona Jake, to the extent that it can handle the lighter trails and stuff. Most places you need to drive to, but there is a trail corridor in Fairfax County that runs directly off the W&OD trail, which is the one I take to work.
Also, the Blue RIdge Mtns/ Shenandoah area where I went to college is pretty close by, it's always nice to visit the old stomping grounds, and it will eb even more so when I get a bike that can handle it.
I'm 6'0", so a lot of people have recommended the 29er...

Top Bottom