Intro to Sourlands Group Ride 8/11 @ 9am

Which date/time would you like for Sourlands Group Ride?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BPaze

I'm never going to meet you, am I?

Check it (for a different weekend): come down south with the family. My wife and kids will hang with your and @BPaze wife and kids at the beach while we ride (Hart's is 5 minutes from the beach) and we'll BBQ at my place after with the fams. All others are welcome also.

Edit: we'll also go to Carton Brewing (more for @BPaze )

Edit of Edit: does @Patrick even Hartshorne bro? Come down.
I think I am in ortley the weekend of the 13th or week of the 15th not sure which but will get out for a ride and may even drag my brothers along if I fix up my fleet. Just gotta get the fatty and the retro working right they don’t need much work.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What size? My wife is 5'8" and likes to ride a larger bike.
It's my kids bike... it's a small.
I was just kidding... it's not for sale... unless you want to pay $10k :p
20190811_085536.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @gmb3 for organizing and getting more people on these awesome trails. I was having a great time until I finally found out what that occasional clunking/pinging sound coming from the back of my bike has been the past few weeks. Would love to come back down for another tour once I get a new rear hub.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Bets on the rigid niner rider?

that is @scotth - it is also SS.....
I'm pretty sure he could kick everyone's ass that was there.
---

Nice job out there today - we had a bunch of fun on the rocks - think we all went down at least once.
the group was moving along much better mid-ride, after getting accustom to the rocks, and running them over.
(not to mention the climbing was done)

@Kangdoy is on his way to Halters, it isn't going to be cheap - eagle derailleur mangle. but we managed to make it rideable, and on he went.
My understanding is that @Fire Marshal Max usually makes the group sacrifice, but the deal with @TimBay seemed to fall through (he would go if Tim did)
Well Tim hooked me up with some beer, so i know he was there (thanks again!)

also

Let's see - in the second fastest group

@jklett
@TimBay
@Mtbdog
@Kangdoy
@Mathers
@Mr.Moto
Tad
Aaron
Chris
Henry
Gabriel (junior rider! willing to try almost everything!)

(and i'm missing someone....)

Dingo

Damage estimate so far.

XT DI2 derailleur 240, XTR chain 50, bent hanger 20.

Hopefully when the wire yanked out of the RD it's still good.

UGH

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thank you @gmb3 for organizing a huge ride. As always, many thanks to Patreeek @Patrick for leading/guidance, your patience and....everything! The one time you had the opportunity to save my fall, I end up falling the opposite way....:rolleyes: Turns out it was just the hanger. $25! Thank you @jdog!

never fall to the drive side!
glad you didn't hit that pyramid rock flush - it had broken arm written all over it. perhaps i'll remediate that ?

TimBay

that is @scotth - it is also SS.....
I'm pretty sure he could kick everyone's ass that was there.
---

Nice job out there today - we had a bunch of fun on the rocks - think we all went down at least once.
the group was moving along much better mid-ride, after getting accustom to the rocks, and running them over.
(not to mention the climbing was done)

@Kangdoy is on his way to Halters, it isn't going to be cheap - eagle derailleur mangle. but we managed to make it rideable, and on he went.
My understanding is that @Fire Marshal Max usually makes the group sacrifice, but the deal with @TimBay seemed to fall through (he would go if Tim did)
Well Tim hooked me up with some beer, so i know he was there (thanks again!)

also

Let's see - in the second fastest group

@jklett
@TimBay
@Mtbdog
@Kangdoy
@Mathers
@Mr.Moto
Tad
Aaron
Chris
Henry
Gabriel (junior rider! willing to try almost everything!)

(and i'm missing someone....)
Thanks for leading a great ride. That was fun...and challenging.

Mtbdog

@Patrick thanks for the excellent tour. Hitting the sessions was FUN,FUN,FUN!! Good times and a pleasure to meet some faces to avatars. Thanks at @gmb3 for organizing a fantastic ride and all the work you've done to make this place what it is! It's like Coney Island Playland. WOW!

Top Bottom