Into the Woods Duathlon June 2, 2013 at Lewis Morris Pk

rick81721

Lothar

rocknrollgirl

I emailed the race director to ask a question about this, and it got bounced back. It made me nervous that it was not a legit operation. It makes me feel a bit better to see it posted on here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm flattered you think we're legit!

The bounce would make me nervous too.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
NJ trail series is able to do 5, 10, 15 and I think 20 mile races all in one day with a huge post snack shindig with shirts or pint glasses for less than half the price.

I don't see why it is so expensive. I don't blame them is they get the money tho, they just won't from me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I757 using Tapatalk 2

clar

I've had several course inquiries for this race.

If you have done the Mountain Man Biathlon Race in October. It is the same course.

Run section is counter clockwise 1 (loop) and the Bike Section is Clockwise (2 loops)...last leg is the same Run section which again is counter clockwise 1 (loop)....to the finish.

soulchild

Sorry to derail (sort of) but does anyone know of any aquathlons (swimming and cycling) in the tri state area? I really wanted to compete in a multi-sport event this year but after breaking my leg last year, I can't really sustain any type of running for more than 15 minutes (even on the treadmill) without my knee killing me though I have become a pretty solid swimmer. The duathlons I've come across are running and cycling which doesn't work for me.

rocknrollgirl

soulchild,
look up DQ events. Most of their races have an Aquabike division. Also, go to trifind.com. There are others in NJ as well which you will see if you scroll through.

Ruth

ryderX

I've had several course inquiries for this race.

If you have done the Mountain Man Biathlon Race in October. It is the same course.

Run section is counter clockwise 1 (loop) and the Bike Section is Clockwise (2 loops)...last leg is the same Run section which again is counter clockwise 1 (loop)....to the finish.
:(, how do our friends from the MM biathlon feel about that ?

rocknrollgirl

Do you really think that the MM folks would care? We have road tri's down here that use parts of other courses all of the time. Some of them are the exact courses.
No big deal that I can see. I was happy to know it was the MM course.

Chris(NJ)

Do you really think that the MM folks would care? We have road tri's down here that use parts of other courses all of the time. Some of them are the exact courses.
No big deal that I can see. I was happy to know it was the MM course.

No, I don't think they'd care, BUT I would like to see an event be original. Seriously, I could come up with so many awesome loops there. Why not be original? Doing so has the potential to make your event stand out amongst the rest.

With that said, if the place is dry, I'll be there Monday. If anybody would like to run/ride the course, I'll gladly show it to you if you don't know it. Weather/conditions permitting, I anticipate riding (or running a lap or two) for a couple hours.

Last edited:

rocknrollgirl

No, I don't think they'd care, BUT I would like to see an event be original. Seriously, I could come up with so many awesome loops there. Why not be original? Doing so has the potential to make your event stand out amongst the rest.

With that said, if the place is dry, I'll be there Monday. If anybody would like to run/ride the course, I'll gladly show it to you if you don't know it. Weather/conditions permitting, I anticipate riding (or running a lap or two) for a couple hours.

You have a point. Perhaps if this race gets up and going they can do that in the future.

We are just hoping it is dry enough to hit the trails anywhere this w/e. This is two in a row we got rained out.

Top Bottom