Interesting sign posted in Eagle Rock Reservation.

gtluke

The Moped
I was "walking" through Eagle Rock tonight on the blue trail and happened upon a laminated white sheet of paper tacked to a tree so I stopped to read it.
In brief it said:
Anyone caught damaging trails or trail markers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
blah blah blah
These trails are here for your hiking and biking enjoyment.
Signed
Some Commissioner
Essex County Parks Department.

I'm going to make a copy of that and keep it in my pack. :)
-Luke

Hey Luke, I have seen those signs before. Strange what do they mean by damaging the trails? Like not allowing cyclist to be apart of the park, the ones that do all the work!

I was "walking" through Eagle Rock tonight on the blue trail and happened upon a laminated white sheet of paper tacked to a tree so I stopped to read it.
In brief it said:
Anyone caught damaging trails or trail markers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
blah blah blah
These trails are here for your hiking and biking enjoyment.
Signed
Some Commissioner
Essex County Parks Department.

I'm going to make a copy of that and keep it in my pack. :)
-Luke

Luke, this is another organization you should get involved with:

http://www.eaglerockreservation.org/

They are mixed bag of people and not all of them "walk". You'd have some like minded people there with you and you can perhaps start some change within there.

Last time I spoke to them they were privately supportive of the South Mountain plan put forth by somocon.org but they stopped short of publicly supporting anything. it would be awfully nice to have some county wide support of multi-use trails within Essex County. As of now, only Somocon has had the cahones to confront the mtb policy in Essex. A few more conservancy organizations supporting multi-use would certainly send a message to the nervous county land manager that this is not such a scary thing to support and endorse.

Give it some thought. Nothing will change if we all just talk/complain about it.

Back
Top Bottom