Interbike 07'

ytc100

Great post Phat. Thanks for the pics too.

The R.I.P. 9 feels ok with just 100mm up front?

I seriously need to try a 29er full sus to see what all the hubbub is about.

P

Phatbiker

my bad.. i meant the sir9. the rip 9 was set up a with a manitou.. nice bike, just not for me.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
26 inch wheels can't be that obsolete, can they?

If you are a jumper or less than 5-5" than 26" will hang around a bit.

After riding a bunch of 29ers for 2 days and then riding a 26"er in Cali for 2 I really really missed the tracion and handeling of the biguns..

j

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never mind Fred. I guess when I read it the first time my brain didn't recognize it. You know I've wondered why there were no FS SS bikes out there. I've seen a few frame geometry designs where it was certainly possible.

ytc100

Never mind Fred. I guess when I read it the first time my brain didn't recognize it. You know I've wondered why there were no FS SS bikes out there. I've seen a few frame geometry designs where it was certainly possible.

I always really liked this guy's setup. The brain makes a lot of sense in this application to me. Get a terralogic fork or bar mounted lock out and you're ready to go.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=243604

P

Phatbiker

FS SS? Where?

The belt drive thing got mocked pretty hard by a few sites. Interesting that you found it so solid.

it got mocked? wow. i heard nothing but good things from other people riding the belt drive system. very solid and smooth.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
it got mocked? wow. i heard nothing but good things from other people riding the belt drive system. very solid and smooth.

One review I read mentioned how the belt skipped at least 7 times during his short test ride...

P

Phatbiker

One review I read mentioned how the belt skipped at least 7 times during his short test ride...

i had no problems at all. my co-worker also rode one and was equally impressed. i guess we got lucky!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

A lot of it was the theory of it, and the fact it's been tried before.

ytc100

The "belt line" must have to be perfect to keep the belt from walking off of the sprockets.

I'd love to run one of these with a rolhoff.

Top Bottom