Intense is back!

oobaa47

Well technically they never went anywhere but with Gwin now running the factory racing downhill team this should be big for the brand.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/gwin-mulally-and-moir-on-intense-factory-racing-for-2019.html
Hot damn!!!!! So the rumors are true......What, did they give him an equity stake in the company?!?! I can't imagine a smaller, boutique type brand being able to afford his salary and everything that comes with it...... but then again, they did support a full world cup team, so who knows......either way, its awesome!!!!

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
He's listed as the owner of the team so yeah my guess is he's paid well one way or the other. Pretty big investment from a company some thought was on its way out the door. I'm just sad they couldn't keep Charlie Harrison and make this an American all star team.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like it, probably having full antonmy is something he didn't have through YT. With his stature at this point he should have the bike with his name on it.
Intensly Gwinning 2019!!!

Ian F

Definitely the worst kept secret of the 2019 season. But as a former Intense ambassador (and technically I still ride 3 Intense bikes), I'm happy. Now the big question is what bike will the Athertons be riding this year?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm not a gwinn fanboy but this actually has me excited for 2019

Between gwin Luca Shaw and Charlie Harrison there's a real possibility of seeing three Americans on a podium in 2019. The french riders are amazing but we're looking better than we have in 10 or 20 years. Also neko mulally and hopefully Eliot Jackson can keep improving.

Xler8

Is this because no one else wanted to sign him and is a last ditch effort for him to try a salvage another season or two? His results are a little lack luster compared to a couple years ago...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this because no one else wanted to sign him and is a last ditch effort for him to try a salvage another season or two? His results are a little lack luster compared to a couple years ago...
:confused:
He was hurt out of the gate last year and won the year before.
He also wasnt informed he wasnt going to be retained when most already secured their rides for this year. Clearly dropped because he is the most expensive in the sport.
I love where he landed.
Intense lead the game back in the day and that m29 is a sick bike!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
:p^ 5 post up ^:p
17e36c0a30244a99087d86b8e8f129f650611584087611392366cdfafcbdcff6.jpg

THATmanMANNY

I knew this would be their next move. They have the resources, brand, and following. They area great business model thinking about their life after racing. Plus they are pushing the sport at home and abroad. Well played. Well played.

Top Bottom