Intense is back!

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
And with DW doing the design work, the bikes should be interesting.

Only if they are affordable though. The original Robot Bikes were really cool, but were something like $5k frame only. And do the Athertons actually own a stake in the company, or is it a partnership where they license their brand equity? Because technically, this Robot Bikes and all of their infrastructure already existed, including their partnership with DW.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like that Intense m29 look.
Too me it just looks simple but all buisness, if the gwin affect does what it did for the Tuesday then Intense made a wise choice.

DownhillR3

Any company looking to re-launch themselves or get their name on the map has a pretty easy marketing tactic... just pony up the cash to secure a winning World Cup rider to represent their bike company.

Simple.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Any company looking to re-launch themselves or get their name on the map has a pretty easy marketing tactic... just pony up the cash to secure a winning World Cup rider to represent their bike company.

Simple.
I'm not sure the value of pro riders is always easy to rationalize. How many riders are even bankable for the next 3 years in making podiums? Gwin brosnan pieron vergier and bruni. Sure a Hart greenland or Shaw or someone else will slip in here and there but add in injuries and it's so unpredictable. I think unless you're a living legend like Steve peat you have to win races for the company to make that 500k-1m yearly salary back. If gwin gets hurt, Intense could conceivably lose a lot of money in this deal. The risks are real.

Dajerseyrat

Only if they are affordable though. The original Robot Bikes were really cool, but were something like $5k frame only. And do the Athertons actually own a stake in the company, or is it a partnership where they license their brand equity? Because technically, this Robot Bikes and all of their infrastructure already existed, including their partnership with DW.
They arent as expensive as Santa Cruz. You can get in a foundation build model bike for $3000 for the most part. I did a demo of an ACV for a week over the summer and loved it. Just got a stupid deal on a Santa Cruz high end bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20180831_131608.jpg
    IMG_20180831_131608.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20180831_131647.jpg
    IMG_20180831_131647.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 146

Ian F

They arent as expensive as Santa Cruz. You can get in a foundation build model bike for $3000 for the most part. I did a demo of an ACV for a week over the summer and loved it. Just got a stupid deal on a Santa Cruz high end bike.

I'm pretty sure Monkey Soup was referring to the Atherton/Robot Bikes potential cost. Otherwise, I agree - After going to the direct model, Intense prices are a lot more competitive. The base spec M29 is $5999, which while not pocket-change is definitely in line with their competition.

Dajerseyrat

I'm pretty sure Monkey Soup was referring to the Atherton/Robot Bikes potential cost. Otherwise, I agree - After going to the direct model, Intense prices are a lot more competitive. The base spec M29 is $5999, which while not pocket-change is definitely in line with their competition.
What they do is kinda weird, they sell direct but have dealers also. But it makes no sense not to just buy direct and save sales tax cause the dealers give zero discounts on the bikes, which was another reason I wound up not buying the Intense ACV, cause I would have had to pay an extra 7% in sales tax on the $3299 . But for the $$$ it was equipped ok...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What they do is kinda weird, they sell direct but have dealers also. But it makes no sense not to just buy direct and save sales tax cause the dealers give zero discounts on the bikes, which was another reason I wound up not buying the Intense ACV, cause I would have had to pay an extra 7% in sales tax on the $3299 . But for the $$$ it was equipped ok...
Have you not bought anything online recently, NJ now has their hands in your internet shopping pockets.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
at the time I was looking they didnt have that BS law..

when was that? this law went into effect a couple years ago, its when amazon started charging sales tax. and if you dont pay it up front they want you to claim it when you file your taxes about this time

Dajerseyrat

when was that? this law went into effect a couple years ago, its when amazon started charging sales tax. and if you dont pay it up front they want you to claim it when you file your taxes about this time
Over the summer, and I don't recall ever getting charged sales tax for any online purchases unless they had a physical entity within the state of NJ. I believe the law went into effect in June of 2018 where they not need a physical entity within the state to collect sales tax. Amazon just started doing it pretty recently from what I recall or I just never noticed. As far as me claiming sales tax on my income taxes, hahahahahah good luck, send me to federal jail...:p

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Over the summer, and I don't recall ever getting charged sales tax for any online purchases unless they had a physical entity within the state of NJ. Amazon just started doing it pretty recently from what I recall. As far as me claiming sales tax on my income taxes, hahahahahah good luck, send me to federal jail...:p

sales tax or std deduction - too much record keeping, unless purchasing a lux car.
-
amazon has been collecting sales tax in NJ since 2013 when they opened the pick-pack in south jersey (mercer county) for items they stock and ship.
they do not collect on behalf of 3rd party sellers not located in the state. time flies!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sales tax or std deduction - too much record keeping, unless purchasing a lux car.
-
amazon has been collecting sales tax in NJ since 2013 when they opened the pick-pack in south jersey (mercer county) for items they stock and ship.
they do not collect on behalf of 3rd party sellers not located in the state. time flies!

yea this, noone claims it and its your STATE return that wants you to claim it, not federal.

im not aware of any new laws for this year, but yea what @fidodie said . . .

Top Bottom