Installing a Vetta RT288L wireless computer... help!

U

UK IN NY

OK, so any help would be very appreciated.
(I officially feel like a noob!!)

I am currently installing the above on my MTB.
I have followed the instructions, but they are not great and I have on ebig problem.

the instruction show the wireless sensor being mounted toward the top of the fork. However the instructions also look like the magnet can only be a few mm from the sensor.
At the top fo my fork the gap is far too big.

After setting it up in this position (loosely) I am getting no reading.

So do I
1) mount the sensor nearer the hub where the spokes are closer?
or
2) angle the sensor inwards (diagonally) towards the spokes and therefore closer to the magnet in the current position?

All of the illustrations show the sensor square on the fork?

Help!

Thanks
Stu

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Stu,

First check that you have the magnet side facing the sensor, not the screw side. Be sure the sensor is in proper alignment. Yes, the higher the sensor on the fork, the further away from the magnet and the more you'll need to turn it in towards the spokes. Then as long as the magnet passes in line with the sensor, it shouldn't matter where on the fork it is placed, be it high or low. Put it where it works for you.

Last edited:
U

UK IN NY

Stu,

First check that you have the magnet side facing the sensor, not the screw side. Be sure the sensor is in proper alignment. Then as long as the magnet passes in line with the sensor, it shouldn't matter where on the fork it is placed, be it high or low. Put it where it works for you.

Thanks for the reply, the magnet is definitely facing the right way. (but i did check, just in case;) )
I think the problem is that magnet is probably over an inch away as it passes the sensor, due to how far the fork is from the spokes..?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the reply, the magnet is definitely facing the right way. (but i did check, just in case;) )
I think the problem is that magnet is probably over an inch away as it passes the sensor, due to how far the fork is from the spokes..?

An inch is too much...shouldnt you be using the metric system? :rofl::rofl: Try to move it closer to the hub where the spokes are closer to the fork maybe? Thats what I had to do on my old Cateye

Top Bottom