Inspired by the looking for old bmx for launching, what's in thd barn/garage/ shed

teabagger11

20210415_141222.jpg

20210416_060728.jpg

Yep the huffy started it currently working on this camelback schwinn
What does everyone got sitting around?
I'll be posting up on a regular basis what I got
And yes all for sale can't take em with me
Post up

Ian F

I sold off the bits from my childhood BMX bike last year on eBay. A Schwinn Predator from 1982 with a ton of aftermarket bits installed in 1983. I had a few vintage Hutch parts that sold well. The only parts left are the frame and GT layback seat post (seized into the frame) as well as the ACS Z-Rim wheels (with non-matching hubs). I may put the Z-Rim wheels on eBay, but I need to set up a proxy bank account number since apparently eBay will no longer pay into a PayPal account.

Reactions: don

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
...I need to set up a proxy bank account number since apparently eBay will no longer pay into a PayPal account.

i even attempted to use the paypal routing info/proxy account, and ebay rejected it.
I'm going to try again - painful.

• Sad
Reactions: don

Ian F

i even attempted to use the paypal routing info/proxy account, and ebay rejected it.
I'm going to try again - painful.
Yeah... It seem like eBay really doesn't want to deal with small-time sellers anymore. I need to talk to my bank. My account allows up to four discrete account numbers, but I want to make sure that all $ transfers between account numbers has to be manual (made by me). If that can happen, then I suppose I'll redo my eBay account.

teabagger11

Tonight's visit to the shed
20210420_191750.jpg

Japanese muscle bike not 100% original
20210420_191800.jpg

Eastern bloc ROQ pony folding bike proudly weighs 80 pounds
20210420_191825.jpg

Trash rescue huffy will probably end up at the beach house this year
20210420_191844.jpg

His and hers schwinn suburban different years though

teabagger11

In the garage
20210429_145003.jpg

This bike is from my great uncle Ken's rental shop in Atlantic city from the 70's I'm going to finish it some day
20210429_145015.jpg

Love this Fuji may become a beach bike
20210429_145110.jpg

Late 40's monarch I rescued from yard art death in jersey springer front end rolls nice just have to refinish the seat
20210429_145131.jpg

Old stelber cruiser my favorite thing about this bike was the big front chain ring 56 I think I would take it to cape may and seek out roadies(sorry) and blow by them at full tilt good times
20210429_145008.jpg

Old rollfast twin top tube muscle bike currently in mid resto

one piece crank

... but I need to set up a proxy bank account number since apparently eBay will no longer pay into a PayPal account.
What does this mean? It's been a while since I've sold something, but they certainly accept PP payment, don't they accept PP at the vendor's end?

Ian F

What does this mean? It's been a while since I've sold something, but they certainly accept PP payment, don't they accept PP at the vendor's end?
Yes - eBay will no longer pay into your PP account. I've been getting weekly emails to change my account information. Also confirmed when I chatted with an eBay rep a couple of months ago - when I basically said that under no circumstances would I link my main checking account to my eBay account. They're smoking crack if they think anyone would consider that a safe thing to do.

one piece crank

Thanks, I was not aware of this.

"By integrating a payment process into its own checkout, eBay will be able to control the entire process and gain valuable intelligence on the buyer’s choices and preferences. This insight, in turn, could prove highly valuable for eBay as it could be used to add or improve services for both buyers and sellers alike. Customer data, including on their preferences and behaviours, presents a wealth of opportunity for eBay."

I'll search and occasionally buy on ebay, but I use other sites to sell parts. PP has always been preferred, just like avoiding the ebay fees.

teabagger11

20210721_130836.jpg

So I just got back this 94 beast of the east. Back story I bought this bike new in 94 when living in CA held onto it used on trainer when kids were small gave it to a friend about 8 yes ago he needed a pit bike for when his kids were racing Go-Karts he asked me if I wanted it back so here it is

iman29

View attachment 163791
So I just got back this 94 beast of the east. Back story I bought this bike new in 94 when living in CA held onto it used on trainer when kids were small gave it to a friend about 8 yes ago he needed a pit bike for when his kids were racing Go-Karts he asked me if I wanted it back so here it is

TimberJack Twins! Did you buy that on here I recall the same seller had an XL for sale shortly after I bought my L and the bigger one was his brothers.

98270443-363F-4742-A7B2-2106F57C1E58.jpeg

teabagger11

20211111_163256.jpg
20211111_163211.jpg
20211111_163219.jpg

This followed me home today air up original tires needs nothing patina is perfect I might even be able to get the horn to work great thing about this bike is it's a 24" I already have it's mom and dad in 26 versions

Top Bottom