Initial report of Noga Korem victim of sabotage turned out to be incorrect.

serviceguy

Read the article. Not sabotage. I don’t know how anyone would leave that in a trail though...

I did read the article (as I always do before sharing), they changed it and updated the story after I posted it. If you read the article it says so underneath her picture. But thanks for pointing that out.

And yes, regardless the ownership a metal pipe at head height doesn't make any sense.

xc62701

I did read the article (as I always do before sharing), they changed it and updated the story after I posted it.

I figured that was probably the case. I always worry about actual random sabotage potentially like this locally and thank goodness I haven't come across any yet.

serviceguy

I figured that was probably the case. I always worry about actual random sabotage potentially like this locally and thank goodness I haven't come across any yet.

As a matter of fact the first thing I thought when I read the article was 'better make sure it's actual sabotage before spreading panic', and here I went nevertheless...maybe I should work in fake news!

Well, beside the fact that end result is equally bad for the rider both in case of sabotage and accidental obstacles, is not like there haven't been examples of trail sabotage even closer to home.

Some people just don't seem to belong on this planet, me thinks. So sad.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay, so dudeman got capped by a bong?
Do I have that correctly?

Captain Brainstorm

You guys gotta stop reading Pinkbike, they are the biggest shit website out there. They've become the Jalopnik of the MTB world. There is nothing there of any value except press releases when a new bike is being pimped.

I remember back in the day when people used to sabotage Ringwood with fishing line between the trees, when the hiker vs. MTB clash was at its height. Good times.

Ian F

Who knows why the pipe is there, but with slopes and whatnot, moving it lower might not be easy. It's also quite possible that when it was installed, the trail surface was the same as the pipe - then erosion happened.
Regardless, it looks like a good opportunity for a ramp... :p

Top Bottom