Info on RAYS MTB

sixseven

Going to Rays next week for the weekend, got the package deal at the airport Holiday Inn which is a pretty good deal.
Anything else worth checking out in Cleveland? Any advice for a first trip to Rays? Anyone else going?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
there isnt crap to see in clevo other than the rock and roll hall of fame. other than that ride all day and watch tv in your hotel room. they dont call clevo "the mistake on the lake" for nothing.

don

I'm jealous. Ray's looks real good this season.

I went in March stayed at the Holiday Inn as well - it's really close and convienent to the airport and Ray's. It was during the week so I rode from open to close. The 2nd night I rode with a friend of a friend from RideMonkey and he showed me the coolest little bar/restaurant no more than 10 minutes from Ray's and the Holiday Inn. I'd go back for the beer and sandwich selection alone. The name escapes me right now but I could PM him for it if you are interested.

For a weekend session - I'd plan on riding the whole time. Natural light inside Ray's will make it better to ride and I'm guessing there are a lot more people so your run count will be lower. Plus I found you end up chatting with people on the deck a lot too.

Have fun - I am sure you will!

don

there isnt crap to see in clevo other than the rock and roll hall of fame. other than that ride all day and watch tv in your hotel room. they dont call clevo "the mistake on the lake" for nothing.

MIR - have you been out there recently? I've only seen images of the park, wanted to hear more how it rode the season. I know they live there and all, but a couple of the locals had very good things to say about Cleveland - said the lake region was really nice in the warmer months.

ellenserruto

Football Hall of Fame too

Going to Rays next week for the weekend, got the package deal at the airport Holiday Inn which is a pretty good deal.
Anything else worth checking out in Cleveland? Any advice for a first trip to Rays? Anyone else going?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
MIR - have you been out there recently? I've only seen images of the park, wanted to hear more how it rode the season. I know they live there and all, but a couple of the locals had very good things to say about Cleveland - said the lake region was really nice in the warmer months.

i dated a girl from cleveland and went there often to see her mom. the town is beat. has a really depressing feeling due to most of the city being baron steel mills and such. everytime i was there i was just like "get me out of here". ive never ridden rays but it looks like a blast.

THATmanMANNY

Just ride ALL of it and have lots of fun and leave nothing behind! You can ride/attempt every line in one day, but mastering them is another thing.

The locals there are really nasty (of course that's cause they live there hehe) but don't be intimidated or feel stupid if you F up. They are mad cool. And I always happen to run into people from jersey. Seriously.

Been there 3 times this calender year!
Yea I get bragging rights for that! :D
I visit my friend in Columbus time to time and we always make a point to get a trip there during my visit.

Nothing changed much this year except for the pump track. Instead of two tracks like last year. They just made one wide one. And in the beginner section they just made this pointless ramp that you pedal up and come down. The other noticeable change that is really good is the jumpline in the expert session. They made the drop in more secluded and away from the expert section platform. And moved a couple things around. No major changes cept the pump track. Oh yea and race your friends in the pump track :D

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
You wont need any more than Rays and the bar at Holiday inn. Also, dont stand next to the pool and piss in it, they dont take kindly to that.:eek:

sixseven

:rofl: never heard that one. I am doing the Cleveland stop on the way back from a week in Detroit. Talk about a place that is rough on the eyes, Detroit might take the cake.

Don, yeah I would love to get the name of that beer/sandwich joint, that sounds good. I am planning on riding Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, so having some options rather than just the hotel bar would be great. Thanks!

I don't plan on fouling the pool at the Holiday Inn, so no worries there FFT. Thanks for the heads up on that, its getting more difficult these days to tell which hotels are cool with that and which ones are not.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
its getting more difficult these days to tell which hotels are cool with that and which ones are not.

courtyard marriotts are pretty cool with it - but i'm a gold member because i travel so much for work, so that might help me out in the 'fouling' department:D

i nominate a new title for FFT: rock star. if it weren't so off topic, i'd share some of my rock band stories from back in the day. so many bathrooms to destroy, so little time...

sixseven

one last thing, what bike you bringing?

renting one there. nice and easy. The Shore is doing fine btw. I cleaned it up real good. I am hoping to make a trip out to Bootleg Canyon in feb/march and will most likely bring it along.

THATmanMANNY

They have good rigs. Go Hardtail SS!
Mongooses baby! :D :rofl:

Oh and get there early for the rental. They will run out... they ran out once and one of the employees loaned me his teocali. AWESOME.

sixseven

They have good rigs. Go Hardtail SS!
Mongooses baby! :D :rofl:

Oh and get there early for the rental. They will run out... they ran out once and one of the employees loaned me his teocali. AWESOME.

Yeah, I already set up the rental. I am totally anal about that stuff, I always get to the airport 2 hours early and never go to a movie or concert without getting the tix way in advance.

Sounds like showing up at Rays and not having a bike to ride could be super depressing, one could end up peeing on some footballs at the hall of fame...

don

Don, yeah I would love to get the name of that beer/sandwich joint, that sounds good. I am planning on riding Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, so having some options rather than just the hotel bar would be great. Thanks!

SixSeven - here is the place - just got a PM from my bro: http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com/

The place is real cool, food is good, and the beer selection deep. Great place for a post ride eat/drink fest.

IIRC, it's only 10 minutes from the Holiday Inn.

dhsean

When I was there the Holiday Inn has a drunk bus. They'll take you anywhere you like. We ended up some place nice to eat and drink but some areas you'll get shot and it's really depressing. Stopped at Burger King once on the way back to the Hotel and felt the need to eat really fast and leave for the safety of the hotel. Your usually so beat after riding all day that all you can do is lay in bed drinking beer anyway.

Ray's is worth the trip though. Hope to get back out there if it snows here this Winter.

Top Bottom