Individual Trail Maintenance

Seriously, even if everyone agreed that the TM you do off by yourself is a good thing, why not do it at an organized TM and help the mtb community get some recognition?

For me, its just the case that I usually take a hike every weekend with the dog so why not bring the rake along and clear out a couple of sections that could use some clearing.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
fyi, you would be surprised at how effective your foot can be for moving leaves.

the thing with random people carrying tools around and using them is that other people will see it, and take it one step further, and one step further and on and on. it would, in fact and unfortunately encourage people to build illegal trails. you might think it sucks, but we're all humans, and that's just how we are. short of psychological profiling and mass culling of people with personality traits deemed unsuitable, we're never gonna change at the core.

my advice is to seek out an adopt-a-trail program at yourlocal park. this would allow you to officially carry some simple tools like a rake and a pair of loppers, and use them, at any time you feel like it. only catch is you can only work on the trail you adopted.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
...slam pig...i bent my slam pig

I believe the expression in question was "slam hog". And remember that's a no-no here. We have enough trouble keeping the ladies around in this Sausage Forum as it is.

Sean - good info, thanks. Also good suggestion on the Adopt-A-Trail program.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
His mother hung him on a hook once.Once.maybe shagzz would like one of my little blue pills that make everything OK:).

lou_b_83

So to me it sounds like raking should be done every 3rd year or something like that? This would help to keep the trails from eroding but also clear them from getting to much organic matter.

My brain hurts. :confused:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
hey walter were you on a road bike comming off south pine today round noon or so...if so then i saw you if not then i saw someone else...

walter

Fourth Party
hey walter were you on a road bike comming off south pine today round noon or so...if so then i saw you if not then i saw someone else...

Was not me and wont be for several months. I'm still in a sling recovering from shoulder surgery.

Shaggz

A strong 7
yes, you can say fuck, shit, damn and bollocks. but you cannot say ******, ******, ****** or ******. OK?

Top Bottom