In a pickle; Tire choice.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Pretty simple; I enjoy riding the single track, along with taking some drops on the street.

Do they make some sort of tire that is best of both worlds? I can already notice my tread on the original tires of my bike starting to fade and I've only had it for 3 months.

I don't know if I am looking for something that doesn't exist or not. Worth a shot ;)

Pretty simple; I enjoy riding the single track, along with taking some drops on the street.

Do they make some sort of tire that is best of both worlds? I can already notice my tread on the original tires of my bike starting to fade and I've only had it for 3 months.

I don't know if I am looking for something that doesn't exist or not. Worth a shot ;)

Tough one. You ride Mercer and 6 Mile often so a minimal tread street tire may be OK for those parks. Try the Maxxis Holy Roller or the Kenda Cross Plus. They are somewhat more narrow (1.95") but the treads are not raised and knobby like a true "dirt" tire. They should handle most conditions at Mercer well, might get a bit slippery in the mud at 6 Mile, and will be ace on the street.

If you begin to explore other parks that have very sandy or rocky trails, you may want to consider getting two wheelsets and have one set up for street and one set up for trail (far easier to change wheels out than tires each time you want to ride). Just be sure you have the same cassette on each wheelset so you do not need to adjust the derailleurs each time you swap.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
The Maxxis Holy Roller looks like my best bet, I want to keep a fat tire on that thing ;)

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Kenda

Kenda k-Rad. dunno what width they come in but when i was lazy and didnt take them off when i hit the local trails i didnt have any problems with slippage. they're cheap too!!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I just looked it up, unless they have a new tire lineup for 08, it doesnt come with a 26 inch size.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
They still make a K-Rad in a 26inch...I ride for Kenda and have the catalog here...Another suggestion for a super-fast hardpack tire and could be urban tire, would be the Small Block-8's...They make them in a 2.35...

Wazu

Get a mountain tire with low rolling resistance and harder rubber. I think exiwolfs or something. I'll find out and post.

Top Bottom