IMPORTANT Trail meeting tonight!!

rlb

As Ben as mentioned and you probably already know, studies like this take a ton of time and cost. With the way I have winessed municipalities and counties not talking to each other or corrdinating between departments within the same township, bike/ped studies might already have been down or are being down under different departments or contracts

On the flip side, with the economic climate, munis will be less likely to spend on this type of study in the next few years

jimmysnukastyle

Trails

I stayed for the whole meeting and watched it pass. I met two members of the TAC after and told them I was interested in getting officially involved with their work, which may be helpful.

Dan

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
yeah i couldn't make it... which stinks. this time of year its tough for me with work to do anything. i was in yonkers until late.

sounds like the meeting went well. as far as my proposal thing, i'm gonna try to make a meeting soon to drop it off in person, shake some hands, bring my firefighter friends to 'back me up', etc...

jimmysnukastyle

Meetings

They meet twice a month. I'm subscribed to the Franklin Township email alert newsletter so I see all of the agendas a few days before every meeting. I'll forward the information if something on the agenda could affect our goals.

Wobbegong

The park staff gave us their story on the Trail plan. It seems that their is no money put aside for most of this trail plan, so I dont think we will see any impact at Six Mile anytime soon.

Don't hold your breath for any of these bridges anytime soon. I'd love to see it, but I would say it will be a long time in the making.

We have some serious work ahead of us along the red trail this year. We will be busy beavers. More to come after J and I meet with the park staff early next month.

To fill everytone in a bit, almost 1/2 of the red trail was set up for closure. Yes, the old existing red trail from Jaques Ln. lot to Canal road was on the block, full closure, no hiking, no biking, trail to be closed completely.

With some help from our JORBA (Jeff, Frank, Bob W. Mick, Kevin) folks, and alot of dialogue between myself and the park staff, we are going to be given time to fix the issues they have with the red trail. The end result should be fantastic. I'm really excited about this. I put lots of time and effort into getting them to see our point about the closure, and it seems I was able to get them to see how it can be fixed. (Big thanks once again to the JORBA heads that came together on the pre meeting work, I appreciated the help soooo much.)

We will be meeting with the park staff to discuss our action plan for the work that needs to be done, we'll pass it all along as it come together.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions