Important Question

Mare

My dad turned my kids on to putting a tbs(or three) of real maple syrup in a glass of milk, shaken not stirred... Insta-milkshake. (Thanks a lot, dad.) I'll admit it's good, but real messy when the kids help themselves.

Try it Mare, you'll like it.

I side with my good friend Tigger... "That icky sticky stuff is only good for heffalumps and Woozles."

I am sure I would. Just putting some sweetener in soy milk to me is a milkshake!! :) I am easy to please.

PB & honey sandwiches are my staple food when biking. Delicious AND nutritious (I am a spaz. I just had to look up the spelling of nutritious).

Mare

I'm tellin' ya' man, mix peanut butter w/some Karo and smear it on some fresh baked bread...it's awesome!

That, Enteman's Choc covered donuts, pancakes, and sourdough bread are the only things I really miss because of this Celiac's thing...

So have you been making your own bread? Have you tried any GF pancakes yet? I have seen some mixes and tried one that wasn't bad. I also found corn flakes that are good (going back to a conversation a while ago). I will get you a box if you are still looking for them.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
So have you been making your own bread? Have you tried any GF pancakes yet? I have seen some mixes and tried one that wasn't bad. I also found corn flakes that are good (going back to a conversation a while ago). I will get you a box if you are still looking for them.

Nah, everything I've tried tastes like crap or tastes like crap after a day or so. 'Haven't been too motivated to try other bread things; don't miss it *most* of the time.

Trader Joe's Gluten Free pancakes are good; not as good as a "real", freshly made, bigger than 3" pancake, but livable.

I've been cutting back on the cereal stuff. As with most gluten-free equivalents, the amount of simple sugars is HIGH...glycemic indicies are through the roof. So, I've been weaning myself off of such things. Thanks for the offer, though.

Mare

Nah, everything I've tried tastes like crap or tastes like crap after a day or so. 'Haven't been too motivated to try other bread things; don't miss it *most* of the time.

Trader Joe's Gluten Free pancakes are good; not as good as a "real", freshly made, bigger than 3" pancake, but livable.

I've been cutting back on the cereal stuff. As with most gluten-free equivalents, the amount of simple sugars is HIGH...glycemic indicies are through the roof. So, I've been weaning myself off of such things. Thanks for the offer, though.

Bummer. If I think of anything else that may be helpful, or if I discover any great recipes, I'll send them your way.

jimjo

my wife bought a carbonated stevia beverage... it didnt do it for me the one she bought was actually on the bitter side. id rather drink water... maybe with a squeeze of lime

Top Bottom