IMBA TCC Info For Chimney Rock

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The fieldwork location is set for the weekend. We will be meeting on Miller Lane (off of Vosseller Ave) for both the Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning sessions. Go past the houses (on the right) & you'll see parking on a fire road on the right.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&...488,-74.545037&spn=0.000923,0.001727&t=h&z=19

No RSVP needed for Sunday. You will just need to sign a County volunteer form. Please come out to lend a hand & too meet the IMBA crew.

ALSO A REMINDER, THE CLASS ROOM SESSION IS AT DUKE ISLAND PARK, OLD YORK ROAD, BRIDGEWATER, NJ, NOT AT WASHINGTON VALLEY.

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What an awesome day. NJ riders made me super proud today. They gave up a beautiful day of riding to sit in a class room & then helped out cutting a new section of trail & working to open an old, forgotten about trail. Thanks to those who came out.

Tomorrow we have 2 small projects planned. Meeting at the same location on Millers Lane (see earlier post). Neither project is too crazy. We don't want to be spent for the ride after. Hope to see you then.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What an awesome day. NJ riders made me super proud today. They gave up a beautiful day of riding to sit in a class room & then helped out cutting a new section of trail & working to open an old, forgotten about trail. Thanks to those who came out.

Tomorrow we have 2 small projects planned. Meeting at the same location on Millers Lane (see earlier post). Neither project is too crazy. We don't want to be spent for the ride after. Hope to see you then.

Good stuff today Kirt! Thanks again for helping make this happen. Good stuff all around and it was cool to be able to work with so many people who know what they're doing and learn.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks to Kirt, JORBA and the TCC! It was also great to see how supportive Somerset Parks is of the commnity. The information in the classroom session will be real helpful in the future TM efforts at MD.

Props to Paul and EMS for the swag. I can finally retire my 10 year-old camel back...

NJ Jess

pictures

I hope there are some pictures. I was to attend, but work called me in. Had to work 8pm to 630 am Saturday to Sunday morning. Hoping to get into the Ringwood class. I don't need the paydirt, I just want to learn what ya'll are learning. Well, off to bed again. 430 am wake up call.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just a quick thanks to everyone that came out today, over 20 volunteers. After the tm we got in a ride. I think we were close to 25 riders. Even with a group that large, everyone seemed to have a great time & somehow we didn't lose anyone (I think;)). Pics coming soon.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hope there are some pictures. I was to attend, but work called me in. Had to work 8pm to 630 am Saturday to Sunday morning. Hoping to get into the Ringwood class. I don't need the paydirt, I just want to learn what ya'll are learning. Well, off to bed again. 430 am wake up call.

You're forgiven.:D We missed you for sure.

secondspeed02

Recap: FuN GRoUP RiDe after TCC

Kirt
:DEven tho It was tough course, it was lead very well and plus a great tour of Chimney Rock!! :)Thanks to veryone for all your support during last couple of miles... :puke:

Okay we had couple mechicals, I think one flat all together. One really slow biker name Evan -as me

:getsome:AWESOME RIDE EVERYONE:getsome:

Please I like to see more fun group JORBA ride..
Thank you
Evan

Just a quick thanks to everyone that came out today, over 20 volunteers. After the tm we got in a ride. I think we were close to 25 riders. Even with a group that large, everyone seemed to have a great time & somehow we didn't lose anyone (I think;)). Pics coming soon.

Eileen

I had a great time this weekend and learned a lot about trail building and design. All of our hard work paid off - the new trail is sweet! The ride was awesome even though I was exhausted, but I think I need to ride Chimney Rock more often.

Thanks to everyone who put in the hard work to make this happen!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Evan was a trooper, he left ALL that he had on the trail and never complained. There were a couple of grunts when approaching Logstacles, but other than that...nothing. Good job bro.

I had a blast all weekend. Awesome people...lots of fun working on the trails with those fun loving folk. :)

mwlikesbikes

Great to get out there saturday. My back was killing me by sunday afternoon :( so I know I did a good share of digging. Collins & Kelly Bishop from the TCC are excellent ambassadors for IMBA. They rock!!!

Top Bottom