Im voting

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Thanks for this. I've been waiting for something cool I can send to my Republican friends when they send me anti-liberal rhetoric.

gtluke

The Moped
i'm voting democrat because i can't be trusted to make choices on my own. i need constant guidence.
plus i have all this extra money i don't know what to do with.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I'm voting Republican because I want to make sure all my friends who stayed in the Corps past thier 20 get to go back to "the Suck" a couple more times. I mean,.. sheeet, Bister still has one good leg and can still see out of the eye he has left. Ellis might be out of the VA in time for his unit to do it's second tour of Afganistan, and he may even luck out and go back to Iraq for the fourth time. We have only had 4000+ KIA and 38,000+ wounded (not counting mental health issues which the military is going to start issuing purple hearts to the approxamately 30% of combat troops who have "serious mental health issues") How does the rest of the world look at us now? Instead of doing something positive with all the good will the world had for us after 9/11, the administration pulls the resources we needed to do Afganistan right, (and be done with it already) to start a war with Iraq. We got lied into the Iraq war because W. is a man who "listens to his guts"...Which just proves he has shit for brains. Do some real research instead of assuming that the Reps. are any different than the Dems. The size of government has grown greatly, the trade defecit, Gitmo, Abu-Grieb, 100,000+ dead Iraqi civillians (some estimates go as high as 180,000 if you include the sectarian fighting), tax breaks for the super rich, The surplus is now a geometricly expanding debt to which the current admin. thinks borrowing more money, (mostly from China) is the answer. How much do you think the Iraq war is costing? Try 241.4 million per day. If we stay another three years the low estimate is 400 BILLION up to 2 TRILLION. Good thing we don't have to pay for that. Our kids kids will still be paying for Bush to have his legacy. I can see how paying for health care and other nonsense chafes a bit. A new spring offensive in Afganistan, new home starts down to their lowest level in 70 years, New Orleans, a recession, shall I go on? Open your mind to what is going on and make an educated decision for yourself. Just voting for anyone because your family has always voted ( Rep. or Dem.) without getting real facts, just listening to Fox news (who explain Ruperts' slant on things as "infotainment") is a good part of what is wrong with a whole lot of things. As I recall when Ken Starr was trying to impeach Clinton for getting a BJ from a consenting adult it was ok to question the Pres. But anyone who who questions Bush is unpatriotic? Gee.. I understand how folks would prefer a good ol' boy from Texas over an ivy leaguer who comes from old New England money 'caus he is just like us. It just proves that people are much more comfortable knowing they are right, than doing a little reading to find out what is really going on. Sorry about the rant but if you are not pissed at the way things have gone under the neo-cons and Bush, you have either not been paying attention, or are willfully ignorant.

mwlikesbikes

Well put Brian.
Start your homework now to decide which dumbass you want in the white house next. There's a senate race in November too, can't forget about that either.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Yeah, And when you think about it, we end up having to pick the lesser of two evils in the race to the bottom of our pockets. We do not pick who goes into the White House, the party machines and Big $$$$$$$ are the deciding factors as to who sits in the big boy chair.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Of course they are...it is all just matters of degree...

Anyone worthy of being in public office wouldn't wanna' be; especially for the top gig...

Word. I been saying that for years! Nobody who is fit to run the country would ever be so idiotic to bother trying.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Word. I been saying that for years! Nobody who is fit to run the country would ever be so idiotic to bother trying.

I'm an Independent and go left or right depending on the specific issue. I've generally swung a little left of center...and find my getting a little more left as I age.

However, there is one man I'd vote for in a second, who happens to be a Republican: Colin Powell. One of the main reasons is he doesn't want the job. Another is that he is the epitome of the word leader. And, the only time he seemed to do what he didn't think was right and best for the country was his SS gig; he swallowed more than he should've. In the end, he is a soldier, though...and he did get out.

This reminds me of an e-mail exchange I had with an old friend (since 2nd grade) of mine in 2004 before the election. He was a Commander (Naval Academy grad too) in the Navy and is *very* right. He had sent me an e-mail to encourage to "go out and vote!"...with a bunch of right wing propaganda attached. In response, I put together a little manifesto of what I want to see/hear from my President..or somebody I'd vote for. Some of my views have morphed a bit since then, but it was entertaining (to me anyway) to dig it up and read it again. I figured, what the hell, I'd share it with y'all...

Code:
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Dear ****,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]First, I appreciate your efforts on today's e-mails to get me
off my democratic ass.  It is appreciated my old friend (though
quite possibly futile).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]An interesting e-mail to be certain and some of the messages
within are certainly good ones.  Some of the inferences,
however, are indeed contradictory and actually, I think, are
counter to the "vote Bush" message that this (very) thinly
veiled Republican rhetoric is actually all about.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I started to explain, in detail, what I mean by the previous
paragraph but it dawned on me that you’re a very smart guy and
could interpret the stats and how they relate to the premise to
conclude you should run kicking and screaming from Mr. Bush
(e.g. Mr. Bush spends more on the military providing our folks
in uniform with “…more benefits from the public treasury”), or
towards him which is the real intent of the author--so
explaining would be a waste of time.  Such is the nature of
statistics and rhetoric.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Instead, using a little of what is below as a backdrop, I’ll
tell you what I’d like to see in a presidential
candidate/policy, and perhaps, you’ll understand why I’m likely
to abstain.  Nobody, to my admitted lack of depth, even comes
close enough to warrant a vote--hence the winner in November is
arbitrary in my view.  Ironically, based on my recollection,
the person closest to what I’ve stated below was Colin
Powell—I’d vote for him.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]1.[/SIZE][/FONT]Standard stuff like integrity, nice guy, real human, intelligent, in touch.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]2.[/SIZE][/FONT]Protect my family and my country.  If there is a real threat to my family
and my country, kill it-no ***** footin’.  If there isn’t a real threat to my
family or my country, don’t piss away my money or fellow Americans on it.
 And I don’t care if they do insidious little things like pay off shady people
to do it or assassinate somebody.  
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]3.[/SIZE][/FONT]Spend the money I give him wisely.  No deficit.  A growing deficit is
“loose fiscal policy”.  I don’t care if my tax goes up or down provided that
I’m getting what I believe to be reasonable value from my tax dollar.  Wildly
growing National debt will blow up in our faces…perhaps in a way Mr. Tyler
 describes.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]4.[/SIZE][/FONT]Solve the welfare problem.  Understand the root causes of why people
are on welfare and find feasible & intelligent solutions.  Don’t develop
solutions and not manage them to their intent; if it ain’t workin’ have the
balls to say so and do something different.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]5.[/SIZE][/FONT]Protect my rights as an American.  Don’t care what risk this brings to
us.  Yeah, I have an issue or two with the patriot act.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]6.[/SIZE][/FONT]Who cares if the rest of the world is a democracy or not?  I could give
a shit.  Leave everybody alone unless it threatens my way of life…for real.
 If we’re for real, they’ll follow on their own…eventually. If you dig into why
 the muslim extremist (or anybody in the world) hate us, you’ll find it rooted
in US policy/activities related to the doctrine of democratic proliferation.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]7.[/SIZE][/FONT]Grow the average intelligence of the American people.  Most people are
stupid…no matter what their demographic or station in life is.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]8.[/SIZE][/FONT]Spend money to alleviate American suffering; not to increase life
expectancy.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]9.[/SIZE][/FONT]Don’t instigate economic policy that ultimately increases the financial
stratification between Americans.  I would be willing to bet that the
Athenian republic saw a “rich get richer and poor get poorer” thing
happening from complacency to dependence which ultimately sparked the
move back into bondage (repressing the inevitable revolt).
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]10.[/SIZE][/FONT]Don’t be quarter-wise/fiscal foolish and find a way to make Americans
understand a long term strategy.  For instance, we should invest in Asia
(like India).  In order for the US economy to grow and Americans to
prosper, there must be continued growth in the economy.  If we clamp our
markets to only a portion of the world, then we can’t grow.  Well, where
are there billions of people that could buy the goods that America could
offer?  Asia, of course.  But shit!  They have no money!  So some American
jobs must be sacrificed to seed economic growth so that in the long run
we’re all better off.  I don’t wanna’ hear any bitchin’ about US jobs going
abroad.  I wanna’ here why that makes sense and what we’re doing to take
our society to the next level.  This will get my personal want of big Intel
stock numbers back on track.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]11.[/SIZE][/FONT]If it makes sense, do it.  If it doesn’t, don’t.  Don’t do something
stupid to get something smart done.  Ever.  That way you're better
positioned to not get coeerced into stupidity for the sake of something
smart.  Take the heat and sacrifice.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]12.[/SIZE][/FONT]“All men are created equal.”  Mean it for shit sakes.
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]13.[/SIZE][/FONT]Lead by leading.  Pushin’ ain’t leading.

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I could probably go on, but I’m kinda pooped.  If there is
ever a candidate that can put over half these solidly on the
table, they’ll have my vote.  Until then, it is arbitrary.  So
maybe I’m not apathetic, just unimpressed.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Take care, my friend.  You made me think a bit—thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Tim[/SIZE][/FONT]

Top Bottom