I'm volunteering at the King of the Mountain Enduro on 8/30 ... what to expect?

kjarrett

I've never attended a mountain bike race (only seen them on TV/YouTube). Excited for the opportunity. Any advice for me as a volunteer?

Thanks, kj

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Have fun - ask to work with someone experienced for the first half of the day. Smile, be encouraging.
pick things up, move them, put them down. ;)

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can only assume.

BF89E3A6-4238-4AD7-832F-5A10206609F3.png

V-Dub

I've never attended a mountain bike race (only seen them on TV/YouTube). Excited for the opportunity. Any advice for me as a volunteer?

Thanks, kj
First thanks for helping out, bring a backpack,bug spray, sun screen, rain coat, water, snacks and be ready to do what ever.
You'll probably be sent out as a course marshal so cheer all the racers on, it's always cool hear.

kjarrett

First thanks for helping out, bring a backpack,bug spray, sun screen, rain coat, water, snacks and be ready to do what ever.
You'll probably be sent out as a course marshal so cheer all the racers on, it's always cool hear.

Sweet. My pleasure! Already planned to bring all that stuff but the rain gear (forecast is INCREDIBLE, it's going to be GORGEOUS) and definitely will do whatever is needed.

Yes, I get a pass for Sunday and another for a different day but I'm 104.6% certain my vintage hardtail needs to stay out of the park. :) I could rent a bike and gear but ... I think I need to see the place first. I'd rather not kill myself...

Top Bottom