I'm off. Anyone want to ride?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The shop is going to be closed both Wednesday and Thursday because of the holiday. My mountain bike isn't done yet, so I'll be out on the road. I'm thinking of a Canal Rd ride the first day and Round Valley the second. Each should be in the 3-hour range. Anyone down? Pace won't be brutal, maybe somewhere around 18-19mph average.

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

only if you make it 45x18 friendly

Not sure what my plans are yet for those days but I am interested...
What time(s)?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah man, not going to get many takers with that posted pace.

xc62701

The shop is going to be closed both Wednesday and Thursday because of the holiday. My mountain bike isn't done yet, so I'll be out on the road. I'm thinking of a Canal Rd ride the first day and Round Valley the second. Each should be in the 3-hour range. Anyone down? Pace won't be brutal, maybe somewhere around 18-19mph average.

-Jim.

If I had something other than my fixie I might take you up on it.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Yeah man, not going to get many takers with that posted pace.

Jim runs two magnets on his rear powertap, so really its like 8.5 miles per hour. Princeton sounds like a nice ride for Wednesday. I will let you know.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
would you like to pull me behind you?

aaron_ruell8.jpg

ArmyOfNone

Im off too!!!

Jim that sounds good for me. I was hoping to see the bearded wonder (does he still have a beard?) this week. So one day maybe ill b up north. If not sounds good. I may go up north one day ne hoo.

Have your ppl call my ppl.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hey Jim, what time did you have in mind for the day's off ride? Tommy is thinking about going, if it's not too early. I'm nursing a sore knee or else I'd be at the front showing you guys who's got game! I need to rest since my training starts this Thursday.

RC ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
OK. So. My brakes for my mountain bike came in today so with a little luck I should be off-road at least one of these days. I'm thinking of now doing the Round Valley road ride on Wednesday and the riding Round Valley on the mountain bike on Thursday. I would like to meet at the shop and be on the road by 9am or so that way people can get ready for New Year's Eve festivities. And I always over-estimate the average mph so people understand we're not gonna average 11 mph and you will die if you bring a fixie or a hybrid or a mountain bike with slicks on it, etc, etc, etc;)

The actual stats from this exact ride from Sunday....

61.24 miles...3:32:37...17.27 average speed (<---on a cross bike with a single 42t ring)...We made 2 stops, 1 for a flat and 1 at a general store near Round Valley for a drink reload...

-Jim.

Top Bottom