i'm new to steep singletrack

argyle

Hey all. I'm quite pleased to find this site. I've been riding my Trek hardtail like a road bike all over hudson county, even all the way up to the palisades and Alpine. Now because of mtbnj.com I've discovered the rest of the state! Ha.

In the past I've ridden Estell Manor in Atlantic County, which is completely flat and although lots of fun to try and hammer it, no real downhill challenges.

So far I've been to Lewis Morris. I haven't decided where to go next...and also which full susp. bike to buy next. :D

Anyone have any suggestions on trails to try next?

word.

liong71er

hello,,.n welcome to this amazing forum!:)

IMHO you might still have to keep your hardtail n grind up those steep hill.
i have two hardtail it's works on any kind of terrain.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Welcome.

I suggest you hop onto one of Cyclopath's beginner rides at Ringwood.

Ringwood will break you in right...and Cyclopath will be gentle w/you :D

argyle

Yeah, those hills on the west side of the yellow trail in LM are heart attack inducing. I was down on low low gear and still wanted to stop and take a nap. haha! But the payoff was the flowy downhill afterward. Well worth it.

Thanks for the trail suggestion. If the rain holds off, maybe this weekend will be my time.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Check out Allaire, its a great place to ride. Alot of trails, single track that really flows. It drains well so its a good place to ride in winter months.
Don't let the fact that you ride a hard tail dictate where you ride. I have a HT and go all over with it. Other places worth checking out Hartshorne, Ringwood, Wawayanda, Jungle Habitat. Look in the Rides & Races forum on this website to hook up with group rides to check out some of these places. Its always best to go with people who know the trails.

ArmyOfNone

Head west for some of the best stuff you will see. Dont rush into a FS ride just yet. You may not need all that junk. :)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard,
I ride my hardtail all the time through hartshorne and allaire I have also gone up north with it...great fun.. what ever you ride just ride it like you stole it...

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
************PERSONAL INVITATION************

Cyclopath and the amazing group of most excellent misfit riders
request the honor of your presence at our next ride:

Date: Sunday, November 9,2008
Place: Ringwood, Lot C
Time: 8-10am

Limited refreshments will immediately follow.

SpartaBard

Hey all. I'm quite pleased to find this site. I've been riding my Trek hardtail like a road bike all over hudson county, even all the way up to the palisades and Alpine. Now because of mtbnj.com I've discovered the rest of the state! Ha.

In the past I've ridden Estell Manor in Atlantic County, which is completely flat and although lots of fun to try and hammer it, no real downhill challenges.

So far I've been to Lewis Morris. I haven't decided where to go next...and also which full susp. bike to buy next. :D

Anyone have any suggestions on trails to try next?

word.

Other places to check out would include the Tourne in Mountain Lakes/Booton, Kitattinney Valley SP in Andover, Hartshorne and Huber Woods near Sandy Hook and maybe Stewart up in Newburg NY. All of these places are fairly tame with some nice elevation changes..

argyle

************PERSONAL INVITATION************

Cyclopath and the amazing group of most excellent misfit riders
request the honor of your presence at our next ride:

Date: Sunday, November 9,2008
Place: Ringwood, Lot C
Time: 8-10am

Limited refreshments will immediately follow.

cyclopath, word word word.
i might be out of town this weekend so i may have to take a raincheck.
if i am going to meet up sunday at the crack-a-dawn i'll pm ya.
thanks for the invite!

Top Bottom