I'm at my wits end with my SRAM Guide R brakes

Yeah, this has screwed me before. I would just leave the lid off the bottle till I was done, now I try to cap it as soon as I fill my syringe.

I have Guides on both of my bikes and haven't really had any issues, but they do seem to require a lot of maintenance. I blame the mountain creek moon dust but most of the time I have noticeable problems it ends up being sticky calipers. Also, sintered pads. I wear through orangic pads so fast it feels like I have to readjust or bleed after every other ride. I didn't think about my last bike coming stock with organic pads and just thought the brakes sucked. After switching pads I rarely have to touch them besides normal maintenance.

All of that said.... I do want to try something new. Probably gonna go TRP on the enduro bike.
I have Guides on all my bikes and generally have good performance and just do regular maintenance. I did just pick up TRP’s for future use at Merlin Cycles since I could not pass up the price for front and rear ( although I see the price went up $10). Matching rotors about $8 each. Ordered on the weekend and got them on Wednesday.

DF2C393C-FD5F-422F-8CD3-630FEB1B9E36.jpeg

I did just pick up TRP’s for future use at Merlin Cycles since I could not pass up the price for front and rear ( although I see the price went up $10). Matching rotors about $8 each. Ordered on the weekend and got them on Wednesday.

DF2C393C-FD5F-422F-8CD3-630FEB1B9E36.jpeg
Please stop spending my money. ;)
(Arrive tomorrow)

The expression was originally mentioned in the 1300s in William Langland's Middle English narrative poetry. He's talking about Astronomers who are at their wit's end. Langland didn't mean “wit” in the sense of being able to provide sparkling and funny speech, but rather a more broad mental ability.

Merlin got back to me. Will issue a refund for the parts + shipping costs. No replacement since they are out of stock.
If they didn’t ask for a return, how about this?

If they didn’t ask for a return, how about this?
Wouldn't the whole Reservoir be different? Either way, I ordered 3 sets so I just scavenged what I needed to make it work and I'll send the remnants back.

Merlin got back to me. Will issue a refund for the parts + shipping costs. No replacement since they are out of stock.
Got a left and right lever/reservoir. Since they come disassembled I assume there is no oil in them at all.

Put yourself on the email notification if you want to get another set. I missed out when I first saw them and Merlin sent an email when they were back in stock.

Back
Top Bottom