I'm a believer (about smart trainers)

Karate Monkey

I was ambivalent about them. Lukewarm might be cutting them a lot of slack. Zwift got a whole raised eyebrow from me.

Standard stuff: I'd rather ride outdoors, doesn't feel the same, gimmicky, etc...

Well, I gave it a few goes to see if I could even deal with it mentally (I can), then I tried a ride with some actual elevation, and wow. Yeah, it's a workout.

I hope nobody's pants get in a twist about this :popcorn:

kearneyb

AE825047-09C2-49A0-92B5-BA3BE41539A4.gif

ebarker9

I've been borrowing a Tacx Neo from a friend for a couple of months. It really is worlds better than the Kurt Kinetic setup I'd used in the past. I always hated trying to get the pressure on the tire just right so as to avoid slipping, screeching noises, etc. Been doing TrainerRoad, haven't ventured into Zwift.

jdgang

I just got the smart trainer but havn't done Zwift yet. I can say I am also a believer.

mwlikesbikes

I just got a Tacx Flux S, It’s great so far. I only got it on Sunday afternoon, set up the bike on it and downloaded the apps to my iPad. Monday did the calibration & set up the Tacx & Zwift, did an initial ride.
Yesterday I did my first real Zwift ride, looking forward to more basement sweat sessions when it’s crappy outside.

Top Bottom