Illegal Motorized Use the app. or call 877-WARN-DEP

Robin

Just saved into my phone - was on my mind yesterday after seeing all the damage at Mooch.

Leftymuk

Fact - it takes all the skill of sitting on a toilet to ride a quad...
i totally hate this statement.....as a national level racer i have raced quads in the Baja 1000 and 500, the Mint 400 along with the Mickey Thompson Offroad Series and hundreds if not thousands of minor race series.....try riding a 90MPH 300lb missile through the desert for hundreds of miles and your tune will change.......but your point is well taken as the average person who rips through the woods on a quad has NO respect for the woods or anything including human life for that matter

68nova200

i totally hate this statement.....as a national level racer i have raced quads in the Baja 1000 and 500, the Mint 400 along with the Mickey Thompson Offroad Series and hundreds if not thousands of minor race series.....try riding a 90MPH 300lb missile through the desert for hundreds of miles and your tune will change.......but your point is well taken as the average person who rips through the woods on a quad has NO respect for the woods or anything including human life for that matter
I agree. it also takes minimal skill to ride a quad or dirtbike with zero trace...

ryderX

I rode Stephens late yesterday evening. As I was descending down from the rail bed to Old Waterloo Rd a state park police officer rolled up and asked me if I hand seen any ATV’s or Motorcycles on trails. He said they’ve had numerous complaints recently and they’ve been directed to solve the problem ?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode Stephens late yesterday evening. As I was descending down from the rail bed to Old Waterloo Rd a state park police officer rolled up and asked me if I hand seen any ATV’s or Motorcycles on trails. He said they’ve had numerous complaints recently and they’ve been directed to solve the problem ?
Ha I came out of the woods yesterday near my car. As I am there dude man drives by with a moto in bed of the truck. Riders been parking either near mulchpit drive or at train lot by UPS. These folks are not local. Saw the fresh moto tracks today past the mulch pit.

jackx

-A week ago on Sunday just before sunset, I saw an guy in his 60's riding a red ATV with what looked like - probably his 5-7 yr. old grandson coming down one of double-track/jeep trails. They looked local... I imagine they were from Budd Lake Area. They weren't ripping up the trails, they were slowly rolling downhill, and waited to let me pass..

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
You reap what you sow.

Sadly we're grouped in with dirt bikers sometimes and that is not something we can afford. I'm just as willing to drive the bus over those who ride six mile wet, or ride where we shouldn't. Sure there is not knowing but when the first thing out of someone's mouth is who are you the cops then damn well they know they're in the wrong. It is hard to claim ignorance these days but hey it is not my discretion to exercise. I report and my part of the process is done, either way who gives a crap 5-0 won't show and if they do nothing happens. It is a pointless exercise

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
or ride where we shouldn't

1584324199183.gif

Leftymuk

I agree. it also takes minimal skill to ride a quad or dirtbike with zero trace...
Not really understanding what you are trying to say but........No such thing as ZERO trace For anyone....unless the ground is frozen like a rock with no snow on the ground

68nova200

Not really understanding what you are trying to say but........No such thing as ZERO trace For anyone....unless the ground is frozen like a rock with no snow on the ground
Agree to disagree then. haha

Legit question here... Is there a number we can call for horseback riders to clean the trail of the massive piles of crap they leave on the singletrack in wildcat??? really annoying getting that stuff flung into the face off a tire...

ryderX

Agree to disagree then. haha

Legit question here... Is there a number we can call for horseback riders to clean the trail of the massive piles of crap they leave on the singletrack in wildcat??? really annoying getting that stuff flung into the face off a tire...
Try the same ph.# supplied at the beginning of this thread. See how that works for you.

MVMX

Fact - 90.5% of mtb trails were cut/made by old moto/enduro guys...

even now!

Last edited:

JORBA Stephens

Lot's of social distancing going on in the woods. Keep using the app. Don't confront anybody, just take their picture and use the app or call 877-WARN-DEP.

And yeah, I used to ride in all the local woods (I like to think I was smart and stealth about it). The problem today is that's it's (still) illegal and way too many people put their backs into the trails (sweat equity). Quads have been forcing their way onto single track at Stephens, dirt bikes too. If I have to talk to them I suggest they go where people are not digging but they don't care. Regardless, the app works.

Top Bottom