If you moved, where to and why

Stocky

I think one of the big concerns about leaving NJ is my family and my wife's family are very close. Her mom is up the road , my parents are around the corner, her sister is in Brooklyn and my brother is in Hoboken.
It's important to us that we see each other on a regular basis and not just the holidays.
We also would miss our friends, some that we are still very tight with and have known since grade school.
We often joke about moving somewhere as a group, ya know all buying houses in the same town or something to that affect.
I have a buddy who lives in Carey , NC . He loves it , say's there are lots of NY/NJ transplants, play about 5K in property taxes and lives in a similar house to the one shown in York.

I'm not going anywhere, NJ is my home until she forces me to leave.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
growing up in staten island new york, i ALWAYS wanted to get the hell out of there. so a few years back i had the chance to up and move to VA. i lived in alexandria which is right outside of DC. i lived there for two years until my girlfriend(at that time) decided she wanted to move to vegas(she has family there) to persue her hair and makeup career with paul mitchell. i really didnt have anything to lose and had a chance to transfer my job out there easily so i said eff it and packed up and went. i was there for literally a day and a half and drove back home. broke up with the girl and she stayed out there. im an east coaster at heart. that whole living in the desert thing is NOT for me. plus the people out there are fake and rediculous anyhow. i think if really had a chance to try somewhere i would try living in the pacific northwest. the climate is great out there and you still get seasons and whatnot. i couldnt ever live somewhere that i could wear shorts on new years day, haha.

Suhr40

I have always lived somewhere in Jersey, but never planned to be here forever. I work for the state and cannot leave for about 12 more years. I will probably end up somewhere in Colorado after I retire. I have family out west and love the open space. For now, NJ is home. It's not perfect, but it has many good points.

sixseven

Yummm, Iceland http://www.pbase.com/glancingaft/iceland_05. I might be going back there for New Year's Eve this winter!

Yeah, I hear the fireworks thing is out of control New Years Eve. Alcohol and bottle rockets in the street=mayhem!
Saw this in BIKE mag:http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/
they are filming a segment in Iceland, going epic with Red cameras (made by the Oakley people, 4x the res of HD). Looks like they want to take the Collective vision and bring it into the realm of Winged Migration and Planet Earth. Sounds good to me!

jimmysnukastyle

Tulipwood In Somerset

I live on the second floor of an historic house about five miles from Six Mile Run in Somerset. The house is about 4,500sf and is secluded on over 3 acres. It was built in 1892. I pay about $900 per month in rent (depends on how much lawn cutting I do) and I have no lease. I moved here because it's cheap, private, often exciting, and it keeps me physically and financially mobile. My girlfriend doesn't like my living situation because Tulipwood has a lot of bugs and it's haunted.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I live on the second floor of an historic house about five miles from Six Mile Run in Somerset. The house is about 4,500sf and is secluded on over 3 acres. It was built in 1892. I pay about $900 per month in rent (depends on how much lawn cutting I do) and I have no lease. I moved here because it's cheap, private, often exciting, and it keeps me physically and financially mobile. My girlfriend doesn't like my living situation because Tulipwood has a lot of bugs and it's haunted.

Gotta love a haunted house. I lived in a haunted house for many years in Montville Maine.

We had UFO's too. For real.

So far if I were to move anywhere it would be Steamboat CO or Somewhere in oregon.

I have been to Steamboat a bunch of times and I just love the place.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I have a buddy who lives in Carey , NC . He loves it , say's there are lots of NY/NJ transplants, play about 5K in property taxes and lives in a similar house to the one shown in York.

Cary is where my GF and i are heavily considering. We'd probably rent in Raleigh first, to get to know the area. Good to know. Unfortunately i hear there is little rocky terrain there which is my favorite. I'm not really into mud or fast and flowy.

Top Bottom