If you had to save one album in the world and throw away the rest...

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
One of the best trumpet players gets together with one of the best sax players, boom. That period from the mid 50's to mid 60's in jazz was like the late 60's to late 70's in rock, it really came together.
But then again So What.

I see what you did there.

bigW

yes and yes. and yes.

tragic that evans bassist was taken so quick. the music he could have put out could have been amazing. i may have to put waltz for debby in sunday's place.

One recent Bill Evans gem is the 2012 release of Bill Evans Top of the Gate (1968 recording) no Scott Lafaro but wonderful none the less.

W

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
and Kev, G&R- Appetite for Destruction is a good album because it brought metal to the radio. I'm sure you were way more hard core and considered this poser music however the guitar work on this album is really good. They weren't just a bunch of pretty boys in make-up an spandex. I relate this band to what Billy Idol did for punk in the early 80's...he made music more accessible.

I was 10 when the album came out, so...

An albums acceptance into pop culture should not be the gauge on making it a good album.

One album is a little tough considering changes in musical taste but this is a constant:
Operation_Ivy_-_Energy_(1989).jpg

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Separation Sunday by The Hold Steady or Southern Rock Opera by The Drive By Truckers. No question, no second thoughts.

Mountain Bike Mike

I can't pick one Tool album but I would go with a Tool greatest hits playlist from youtube.

I'm really liking Foo Fighters - Echos Silence Patience and Grace

Linkin Park - its a toss up between Hybrid Theory or Meteora

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I can't pick one Tool album but I would go with a Tool greatest hits playlist from youtube.

I'm really liking Foo Fighters - Echos Silence Patience and Grace

Linkin Park - its a toss up between Hybrid Theory or Meteora

Mike if you say 311 next, I will not ever ride with you again.

The Kalmyk

Added an album! The wife made mention that Asteral Weeks is by far a way better album than the two I have chosen. She might be right? So it goes into circulation with the two previous mentioned albums.

ekuhn

Biggie - Ready to Die.

Ready_To_Die.jpg

Or Green Day - Dookie

Green_Day_-_Dookie_cover.jpg

I guess it would all depend on my mood on the day I would have to choose.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Too many options to narrow it down. Cake, Soul Coughing, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath (Dio), Beatles, talking Heads, Allman Brothers,Gorillaz, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Foo Fighters, and on, and on.....Hmmmmm:hmmm: Black Crowes Amorica (for right now.) or maybe Paul's Boutique? Pass.....

Last edited:

soulchild

I have wanted to take a serious stab at this and I just can't pick one album, let alone one artist. I've been listening to my entire library on shuffle for the last couple of days and there are 2 that stand out for me, though right now I'd have to give the nod to MJ.

Trouble Man 1972
~Marvin Gaye
51J9no3KYxL._SY300_.jpg

Off The Wall 1979
~Michael Jackson
Off_the_wall.jpg

EDIT:

Dammit ok, 3 albums stand out. I can't leave out Stevie Wonder and it's impossible to pick one album so I'll cheat and use a compiliation. I hate this thread.

Definitive Collection 2002
~Stevie Wonder
51KIImCzeCL._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom