If you could only have one mountain bike, what would it be?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Trick question, I know.

What would be the ONE bike you would have for all types of XC riding you would encounter? Price is not an option, but it can only be ONE bike.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Carbon FS 29 with a lefty. Has to weigh less than 23lbs.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Pretty happy with my jet9. Maybe go from a 1x10 to a 2x10 to deal with some of the crazy sh!t out west. Maybe replace the aka on the front with a saguaro.

I loved ss'ing my sir9, but for a one bike to do it all? Uh, no.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hold your horses son. The Scalpel 29er is on the horizon. Id be all over that me thinks.

As much as I am not a fan of crackindale they will have a hard time supplying everyone with this weapon. Be prepared as this WILL be the one whip all racers will envy...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
pretty interesting that you posted this pearl. i was planning on doing this today as well...since according to one member who will remain nameless (jshort :D), this place is lame today.

anyway, back OT. one mountain bike huh? welp, since it's only one and it's for all manner of xc, i'd have to say a FS carbon bike.

since i'm designing it (and price isn't an option), i want it with a lefty, G2 geometry, 2x10 hotness and 100m of travel F/R. XTR all around and I9 wheels. if I9 doesn't make a lefty hub i don't care, in this game i'm rich and they can make me one.

RNG1

There is too much stuff out there for me to be able to figure this out, however if you said pick 1 mountain bike out of my garage I think it would have to be the EWR 29r Ti. This is a great bike that I appreciate more each ride. Uh oh now look what you've done, my Yeti is all upset with me now. I'm sorry Yeti please don't launch me off a cliff!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My epic is almost perfect.....Have done 40 mile road rides on it, XC races, endurance races, runs at diablo, cross races.....it does most things really well, for XC its the best bike I have ever used....for what I like anyway. Only way I would improve upon it would be to make it a little lighter and get rid of the reba fork. Im thinking the scalpel will address both. Though I will miss the brain on my epic.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
sweet, 11 responses and i just checked back. the reason i brought this up is because i wonder sometimes how much more fun the rocky descents would be with full suspension. i weigh the positives and negatives of just having one bike.

would a FS 29er be the suck at the flat places where it isn't necessary?
would it sucking at those places be worth the hassle of enjoying a nice moochy downhill, or a long FR climb, with gears?
gears? wtf!?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
James,

I wound up getting rid of my Mary because I liked the way the Hifi handled better, even at 6-mile. So for me it would be a Superfly 100, even though I wouldn't turn down the S-Works Epic either. :D

Tim

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sweet, 11 responses and i just checked back. the reason i brought this up is because i wonder sometimes how much more fun the rocky descents would be with full suspension. i weigh the positives and negatives of just having one bike.

would a FS 29er be the suck at the flat places where it isn't necessary?
would it sucking at those places be worth the hassle of enjoying a nice moochy downhill, or a long FR climb, with gears?
gears? wtf!?

james, riding the fisher hifi pro completely changed my view on FS bikes. i never felt comfortable on my EX but this thing...wow. solid when climbing out of the saddle, exceptional bombing down hill.

that will be my next bike...and probably my only bike.

i'll just borrow one of norm's 12 when i want to do the SSaP next year.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sometimes I feel like the EX rides me and has a mind of its own. Maybe I should try your hifi...:hmmm::rolleyes:

RNG1

Pearl you stink then, cause I got the Yeti all upset for nothing.
Yes 2 bikes, the one I mentioned and then the Yeti asr for all the real rocky stuff. When I say real rocky stuff I don't mean anything that you need big travel for, that's not how I roll.
But now shouldn't this title be which 2 bikes...

Top Bottom