I win, I win

walter

Fourth Party
Well the little one was hammering away on Nick Jr. today and she must have done/clicked/did something because I started getting all kinds of "buffer" alerts.

Fast forward and now I am getting ads where the bike shop banners are supposed to be. I remember this happened to someone here awhile back(ChrisG maybe) and was wondering if any of you guys know how I can fix this. I ran McAfee and nothing was detected.

Thanks, I'll check back after I collect my prize for being the 1,000,000 visitor:rolleyes:

PTB66

THis is what I suggest...Works good and it's free.
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

also I suggest changing your virus protection from Macafee to AVG. That is also free.
and to top it off get some firewall protection with Zone Alarm free edition.

Been using this stuff for years and haven't had one problem. It's easy to set up and they're not resource hogs. Best of all it's all free...no yearly subscription fee BS.

Hope this helps

J-Dro

Adaware is free and you have nothing to lose by trying it. I used to swear by it, but the last test I saw in PC Magazine about a year ago gave Adaware very poor scores for finding and fixing several known spyware programs. I'm not sure how current Adaware is these days.

Spybot is another free spyware removal program you can try.

G

Greenman

All free ware that I have been using for a number of years without trouble.

Anti Virus- Avira AntiVir Personal

Spyware- Spybot Search and Destroy

Software firewall- Zonealarm

hope you get your trouble sorted out.

Top Bottom