I will be in Bordentown...

T

tturbotom

I was refered to this site by a member on MTBR.COM

I will be in Bordentown for 2 weeks (minus weekends) starting April 9th to train for my new job. I am going to bring my bike with me. I did a search and found that there are some nice trails at Mercer Park. Are there any other trails nearby. I would prefer to ride my bike to the trail instead of driving there. I am not looking for anything crazy. Just something off road where I can stretch my legs. Mild single track or double track would be best. I will most likely be riding alone unless there are any group ride in the early evening during hte week. Otherwise are there any places that I shouldn't ride alone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry I don't know anything about the trails down there but someone will chime in.

NJ Jess

Hey Dzm3!

Help this guy out. He's in your neck of the woods. Show him Mercer, maybe Wiss, humm pennypack?

Wobbegong

Both Mercer County Park and Clayton Park are within a short drive from Bordentown. I'm not sure of anything within riding distance to where your staying. Clayton is a small park with quick ups and downs. Trails at Clayton tend to be on the wide side. Mercer is bigger, but flat, with lots of tight twisty singletrack. If I had to choose between the two, Id go with Mercer Park. If you want more hills, try Clayton Park.

T

tturbotom

I am used to riding mountainous terrain with great elevation changes. So flat trails would be a nice change.

I will proabaly ride Tues-Thurs this week and Mon-Wed next week. If anyone gets out to Mercer in the early evening on those days keep an eye out for a big guy (6'4") with a red shirt and red back pack, thats will be me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobkennelly

D & R canal

I am used to riding mountainous terrain with great elevation changes. So flat trails would be a nice change.

I will proabaly ride Tues-Thurs this week and Mon-Wed next week. If anyone gets out to Mercer in the early evening on those days keep an eye out for a big guy (6'4") with a red shirt and red back pack, thats will be me.

Their is a path by you called the D and R canal, it runs north and south, its sort of boring but if you have a mtn bike, you can get some miles in..

anrothar

entirely thrilled
does that extend south of trenton? when i rode it i came right in through the middel of trenton then turned north along the delaware. the sister canal on the other side of the river runs right across from him, and that will take him within a mile or two of pennypack.

if you have enough time and endurance, you could ride the canal to six mile run, do an out and back, then ride back. easy access from there to sourlands mountain preserve as well.

http://www.dandrcanal.com/park_index.html

6 mile and sourlands can be found in the trail directory from the top menu. it would probably be about 20 miles to 6 mile run, 14(?) miles there, then 20 back.

T

tturbotom

Looking at the map "Six Mile" is a little farther then a want to go.

I rode Mercer Tues night. Cold, windy nights stopped me from riding Wed and Thurs. I don't feel like getting sick while away from home :). Overall it was a nice trail/park. It is very different compared to what I am used to riding, but still very fun. The bridges and and log piles were fun. I will probably ride there again this week around 6pm, weather permitting of course.

Tom

Top Bottom