i WANT one.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
pics and specs will do. remember it has to go 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and still be extremely capable at high speed off road....

Glancing Aft

$50k will seem cheap when you look at the gas bill for that thing in it's life time.
I think I'll wait for the third generation prius

mwlikesbikes

That's awesome! Top Gear is one of the best shows ever. Catch it on BBC America Mondays at 8pm and another episode at 9pm. I hear they're trying to make an American version of the show. I hope not, they'll only ruin it.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
The 50K they are referring to is 50K Pounds, which is about 100K USD. Still worth it IMO! That would be such an awesome daily driver.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That's awesome! Top Gear is one of the best shows ever. Catch it on BBC America Mondays at 8pm and another episode at 9pm. I hear they're trying to make an American version of the show. I hope not, they'll only ruin it.

It will be ruined. One of the things that make Top Gear good is that they're not afraid to rip on an auto manufacturer when they do something stupid or sell a piece of crap.

In the US market, where they'll need to court auto companies for advertising revenue, you know that isn't gonna' happen.

I read somewhere that they asked Jay Leno to host it and he declined for similar reason.

There is a show, that I forget the name of, on SPEED hosted by Tommy Kendall (Trans Am champ) that is similar type of show (automotive test/demo). It ain't no Top Gear, though. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun show to watch if they have cool cars that week (e.g. F430). Tommy and usually some other guest flog a couple of cars around a track (Tommy has a great job!) and sometimes it gets very interesting. Very watered down compared to Top Gear. I think a US version of Top Gear will be like Tommy's show, with perhaps, some in studio interviews and attempts at humor (Honda Civic racing a BMX'er through DC). It won't have an edge and will come across as just plain stupid, I think.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, still looking for a jeep. can't find the ones i'm thinkn' of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom