I wanna get fast!

MTBTyler

What do you think about my training plan to improve my endurance and speed? I came up with this myself.

Food:
Eat a big high carb breakfast with some orange juice or v8.
Eat lunch, fruit no sweets or sugary snacks. Drink water or juice.
Eat little at dinner. Salad, one serving of meat and veggies. Drink water.

Never over eat or eat to much of one thing. Dont eat to many snacks or cheese. Try to only drink soda once a day. Drink lots of water, and eat your veggies!

Exercise:
After dinner ride fast for 4 or 5 miles on the road. Once a week ride fast on the trails for an hour. Saturdays take a break form riding and clean the house. :cry:Sundays take 3 to 6 hours to ride at my own pace in the trails.

Stretch before bed and before each ride. Get full nights sleep. Dont smoke.

walter

Fourth Party
ride your bike
ride your bike
ride your bike
ride your bike

The food thing is a good idea but it will take some experimentation to find out what works for you

Most of the racer guys here probably ride most if not every day of the week, and will probably give the same advice to a degree. Easiest thing to do to get stronger on the bike is spend more time on the bike.

MTBTyler

I will when I get my shop. Theres no bike rack so Ill have to put it in the shop for the day.

walter

Fourth Party
Do you always have to leave me posts that dont help? No! what kind of question is that?!?!?:rofl: hahahahahaa

Didnt you say you go to Pway Tech? Riding your bike on Stelton Road is enough to get your heart racing:D

This was a joke, Im not really suggesting it

BiknBen

Do you always have to leave me posts that dont help?

I think Norm is suggesting that you should improvise. You don't need a bike rack to store a bike. Find a tree, fence post or some other imoveable object.

If you want to get fast you must ride your bike. You may have to get a little creative at times. Find a way!

pinkshirtphotos

I just turned 18. I am not fast but I am in the best shape ever.

I eat 1 pack of poptarts (no icing that stuff is gross) and a tall glass of extra pulp oj every morning

lunch consists of a sandwich, bottle of water, sometimes french frys and a chocolate milk

dinner usually pretty healthy, always eat a salad with homemade dressing.

I used to drink LOTS of soda, i am now down to 1 or less cans per day. I find that keeping soda in my basment makes me less inclined to go down and get a can.

I also used to eat lots of snack cakes and fast food. now i rarly eat fast food.

I try riding as much as I can, even if it is just taking a spin around the 1/2 mile loop at my house. If I can't ride or im to lazy to ride ill do a few miles on the dirtbike. That keeps my upper body in pretty good shape. I also work on a farm so I have a pretty good all around workout every day.

I smoke once in a while never cigarettes but ill puff a black n mild or cigar.

Oh did I mention the part of losing ~50 lbs since last year?

walter

Fourth Party
I haven't really been pushing this as of late, but you could buy a single speed and ride up the biggest hills you can find.

for the record I don't race, these are just my dopey suggestions

RNG1

Do you always have to leave me posts that dont help? No! what kind of question is that?!?!?:rofl: hahahahahaa

Norm he's a spunky one!
Ben spelled it out pretty clearly as to how he was trying to help and frankly his approach will help you a lot in life and not just in riding your bike....:)

I think whatever advice that I would be quick to give based on how I try and keep it together probably doesn't really apply to someone your age, other than to try and ride as much as you can. I would bet that a pro coach would have more age specific advice, but mine would be to just really enjoy it but I know that sometimes the most obvious things you don't really appreciate until you are much older.

Signed,
Grandpa

Top Bottom