I think the lesson here is...

...if you have to throw down with a 'roo, make sure you throw the first punch.

This is one of the best videos I've seen all year.

Yeah I saw that in my YouTube feed yesterday and couldn't believe it. Got to say I like to think I would do the same thing if it had my dog, but you're right...better strike first. That bull kicks you you're f'd. The slow-mo was crazy, kangaroo was like WTF? Never saw Crocodile Dundee do THAT before...

Guy called the police for defense because he's getting so many death threats from animal activists. been in the news.

is there a known history for roos injuring dogs? this played out more like a father who caught his daughter with a guy
I applaud him for first jab, but dropping the left is amateur.

"Punching a Roo" sounds like something that might mean something else in Australia.

I think PETA is just concerned that this could start a slippery slope of bad behavior on the part of drunken Aussies. I mean, you let somethign like this slip and before you know it you could have Outback Jack eating dingo babies.

Where's Steve Irwin when you need him....gone too soon.

"Crikey!! Look at this handsome little devil."

Video of an Australian man boxing a kangaroo to save his dog went viral last week, but there is more to the story than meets the eye.

Greig Tonkins and his pals were on a boar hunting trip with their friend Kailem Barwick, a 19-year-old who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, hoping to catch an elusive "tonner"—a wild boar that weighs more than 100 kilograms (around 220 pounds), the Daily Mail reported.

During the trip, one of the dogs ran into a kangaroo while chasing a scent. Tonkins quickly ran to the dog's aide and intervened, first distracting the kangaroo and causing it to release the dog from a headlock. Thankfully the dog was wearing protective gear that prevented the kangaroo's claws from injuring him.

Tonkins, who is a zookeeper, then squared up with the animal and delivered a punch to get the kangaroo to leave the party alone, solidifying his fate as a viral video star.

"It was funny because the guy who [punched the kangaroo] is the most placid bloke. We laughed at him for chucking such a shit punch," friend Matthew Amor told news.com.au.

Barwick, who died of Ewing Sarcoma mere days before the video became a viral hit, would have been happy to see all of the attention the clip has gotten. "Kailem would be looking down from [heaven] and laughing because it was the highlight of the trip," Amor said.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a51428/kangaroo-punch-backstory/

Back
Top Bottom