i pulled the trigger!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, i pulled the trigger on the new wheels and decided that i would rather have a local guy with a good reputation build them even though it cost me a bit more. the specs are:

mavic 719s converted for disc use
hope bulb hubs
spokes and nipples :D

these should prove to be virtually indestructible...but with six months of free tunes should they go out, i'm still covered. they should be ready by next monday, but HOPEFULLY the SS will be ready by friday so i'm not left bikeless for the long and as of now beautiful weekend!

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
no. that's the short story.

john told me they would be done on Sat/Mon and he would call me. since monday was labor day, i figured the shop was closed and i'd let it slide til tues. now it's friday, and they STILL haven't called. two of the main reasons i went with them were the turn around time (john told me one week, tops) and two, they are local and i like to do biz locally. i did this despite the fact that they were more expensive than some of the other shops i had spec out the wheels but again, i figured local...if something goes wrong there's an actual person i can go and talk to. i'm pretty ticked off about the whole situation right now and i'm not sure how to handle it. i can't STAND poor customer service. if he managed my expectations better, i would be fine with the wait. any ideas on how i should handle this?? i'm almost at the point that i'm going to cancel the order and call amex and put a stop on the payment.

S

Stan LeCupp

Give them a call. They may be ready and have forgot to call you.This has happened to me.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
got 'em!

well, apparently my b!tching wasn't warranted...not surprising...b/c i guess i misunderstood john's timeline b/c he had to order the hubs. my bad.

anyway, picked them up today and they are smoooooth! hopefully i'll ride them this week although i'm pretty sure i'm going to be on the single speed. here is the best part: when the kid is swapping out my rims, i asked him if he's seen a lot of rims bent like mine was. he says "i've never seen a rim this bent up that hasn't been run over by a car". fawking awesome. i'm hanging it in my garage.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
first ride

rode the wheels today and they are smooth. i beat on them pretty hard for 12 miles in PP/LM using pretty much only the BIG ring the entire time (dropped to the middle twice) and just mashing, trying to get them to pop. not so much as a squeak. i'll need a few more miles on them to really get a feel, but as of this minute, i can say that john at cycle works did me right. if they hold up and he can build wheels for my clyde @ss, then i'll reccomend him to any one of you light weights! :D

heythorp

bonefishjake said:
rode the wheels today and they are smooth. i beat on them pretty hard for 12 miles in PP/LM using pretty much only the BIG ring the entire time (dropped to the middle twice) and just mashing, trying to get them to pop. not so much as a squeak. i'll need a few more miles on them to really get a feel, but as of this minute, i can say that john at cycle works did me right. if they hold up and he can build wheels for my clyde @ss, then i'll reccomend him to any one of you light weights! :D

tuff to beat on anything on PP and LM:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Top Bottom