I pods?

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
"Riddle me this batmen(and girls)" i got an i pod shuffel for x-mas and i used it for the first time last week and liked it,i was wondering do any of you guys & gals use one?.Do you think its a bad thing, or dos it motivate you to ride better ? just a thought.

Frank

Sasquatch
They are great for solo rides !!! It motivates me. There are some who feel that it is a safety hazzard, because you can't hear other folks calling out...possibly. I almost clobbered someone once and he wasn't too thrilled about the Ipod but was cool about it. Honestly I don't feel it made much difference. I guess if you don't crank it.....the volume that is.:eek: it's ok.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will probably give the 1-ear thing a shot this year with longer road rides. Last year I only did 2 rides over 3 hours, both of them races. So it really wasn't as much of an issue.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i use my ipod shuffle EVERY TIME i'm on the road. i don't blast it, but it's there. i haven't had any problems with it...you just need to really pay attention.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
noper

I would go with a NO vote. For me it is a safety and mental thing. Sometimes music can help clear the mind but other times a great idea comes along when you are alone with your thoughts. I am lucky in that I get to listen to music all day long every day. That being said I don't miss it on the bike.

j

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just to clarify I would only do 1 earbud (right) when on the road. Same goes for off-road if I were to use it, which I wouldn't be inclined to. I'm not even sure it's legal to road ride with headphones, is it?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i road LM/PP with my ipod and won't do it again. when i'm in the woods, i want to hear the woods...not jane's addiction.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I don't own an Ipod, but the "one ear bud" thing has always intrigued me as an option for long solo rides on the road.

Right now, I don't see it happening, particularly as my spare cash is going into my "29er" project.:rolleyes:

jdog

Shop Keep
I don't own an Ipod, but the "one ear bud" thing has always intrigued me as an option for long solo rides on the road.

Right now, I don't see it happening, particularly as my spare cash is going into my "29er" project.:rolleyes:

Don't you mean 28 1/2??

j

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You can get a shuffle for probably $50 on Ebay. Small and light, possibly worth the gamble.

I rode a 29" today, a Karate Monkey - not small, but definitely light. Also possibly worth the gamble. I'll blather about that later when I get some time to collect my thoughts.

jdog

Shop Keep
You can get a shuffle for probably $50 on Ebay. Small and light, possibly worth the gamble.

I rode a 29" today, a Karate Monkey - not small, but definitely light. Also possibly worth the gamble. I'll blather about that later when I get some time to collect my thoughts.

I just saw the new Blue one for 07.. Looks great!

j

D

DANSPANK

When I've been in a spin class I've used the music to encourage my cadence. I imagine that on hills, both on and off road, the music could help a little. But, as has been said earlier, I like to hear what's going on around me: bears on the prowl, loose dogs, spookable horses, and crap drivers...

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep

Hey Norm,

If you stop by my shop, I'm selling my KarateMonkey. Barely used. If you want to take it out for a real ride, I'll let Tony know.

Gary

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Norm,

If you stop by my shop, I'm selling my KarateMonkey. Barely used. If you want to take it out for a real ride, I'll let Tony know.

Gary

PM sent. Maybe I'll head down to the shop, drop off the big bike (sadly I think I actually tanked the derailleur when I broke the hanger) and grab the KM - that would be the bike of course, not Kirt.

Norm

jdog

Shop Keep
Hey Norm,

Gary

Does this mean that you are well enough to get a new Bike?? I hope so.

If you want to borrow my F-29er for a day let me know. I think you will dig it.

j-

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Does this mean that you are well enough to get a new Bike?? I hope so.

If you want to borrow my F-29er for a day let me know. I think you will dig it.

j-

I wish! I had actually built up a custom steel 29er with the parts from my KM, shortly before I was diagnosed.

Right now I'm limited to very easy spinning on the trainer. Every week I should be able to increase the intensity, but right now its 20 minutes, too easy.

I'm down to 150lbs, so cycling would be great, though its all my muscle that I lost. I'm hoping to be in riding shape for spring. My Dr's are more conservative.

jdog

Shop Keep
I wish! I had actually built up a custom steel 29er with the parts from my KM, shortly before I was diagnosed.

Right now I'm limited to very easy spinning on the trainer. Every week I should be able to increase the intensity, but right now its 20 minutes, too easy.

I'm down to 150lbs, so cycling would be great, though its all my muscle that I lost. I'm hoping to be in riding shape for spring. My Dr's are more conservative.

Sounds like a cross bike on the Canal might be the next Step.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Sounds like a cross bike on the Canal might be the next Step.

No real need for a light or fast bike right now. I fugure I can ride me Lefty equiped El Capitan, FS 29r. Might as well be comfortable. I figure we sell so many high end bikes for people to use on the D&R....now I can be one of them.:D

My Dr.s (and wife) on the other hand would prefer if I stay n the trainer.

We'll see:2guns:

Top Bottom