I need to vent or put up hypotheticals about 6MR and mud riders.

Do you mind if I vent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Disagree. When the trails are covered with snow and frozen that's open to me. Zero chance of doing any damage - I rode there twice in Dec after snow - some of the best snow riding I've ever had. And fyi there were no closed signs in the canal lot
I’m with you on this. If it’s in the teens and no sun, I’m riding.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not that there was anything wrong with it, but didn’t @jdog sell a few MTBNJ kits to the public at halters?

I remember seeing someone wearing full kit on a Thursday ride at CR and I was like hey new guy, are you coming? He was with his own group and he no idea who we were

He did, plus another shop did. But I presume those are long gone. Or those guys break out the MTBNJ kits when they do wrong things to be able to say it wasn't them. Or the OOS jersey which is O&B could easily be mistaken for our team. And so on.

Curious when you saw someone at CR with a full team kit. We also have former riders with the team kit but I think most of those guys toss them when they are done.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
He did, plus another shop did. But I presume those are long gone. Or those guys break out the MTBNJ kits when they do wrong things to be able to say it wasn't them. Or the OOS jersey which is O&B could easily be mistaken for our team. And so on.

Curious when you saw someone at CR with a full team kit. We also have former riders with the team kit but I think most of those guys toss them when they are done.
I have a jersey and only break it out when I am robbing the local mini mart while using a stocking as a mask.

Honestly, if we can't agree on here, how is the general riding population supposedly to follow the fuzzy guidance from the state. At some point we just need to fix what gets trashed and move on. This is what happens anyways, right?

serviceguy

The OOS jersey is an easy mistake when you just see orange and blue at a glance.
Really? Blame it on the OOS is the name of the game now?!?!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really? Blame it on the OOS is the name of the game now?!?!

In the immortal words of Sergeant Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis." It was merely an example to illustrate a point that people generalize based on a small bit of information.

I have a jersey and only break it out when I am robbing the local mini mart while using a stocking as a mask.

Honestly, if we can't agree on here, how is the general riding population supposedly to follow the fuzzy guidance from the state. At some point we just need to fix what gets trashed and move on. This is what happens anyways, right?

Same. I usually rob banks with my Ride for the Cure jersey. Just for the irony.

To your point, yes I agree. I put in a good amount of time at CR and this is something @Kirt has pushed to me. I mean people are going to ride no matter what. Let them blow off steam and enjoy it and we'll do our best to fix it. Getting all worked up about it isn't a good idea for any reason.

If people helped with TM as much as they bitch about things, something something something...

serviceguy

In the immortal words of Sergeant Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis." It was merely an example to illustrate a point that people generalize based on a small bit of information.
In one ironic twist of fate nobody seems to take my real word persona seriously, while the exact opposite happens to my internet one instead...and my name is not Francis...oops, did I do it again?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
As a person that has hung signs all over a Retail Space, built walls with cardboard boxes, and have locked the door, people can't read. Like zero percent. Those people also all bought bikes, 400+% worth of bikes. Thousands upon thousands of bikes. They go to 6-Mile because it's the closest and easiest place to ride in a 100-mile radius.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hey hold on a minute here.
I may be an ass, I may be a clown but I resent being compared to an assclown.
I don't ride Slick 6 often but will be there for NICA race. Signed up for Lew Mo also, come join the fun.
Not calling you an ass or a clown or the combination of...
I just blame you for everything... like the other day... had a tooth ache and I was like... damn you Frank! damn you to hell!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so what i'm reading here is that the problem is a bunch of men?

giphy.gif

ETA: sarcasm... just in case i needed to make that clear

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
If I’m not mistaken, Nox closes for the winter and its closure is generally understood and observed. Perhaps we can learn from their experience and apply to 6MR?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions