I need to borrow your rear fat bike wheel

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fat bikes are dead. If you haven't sold yours yet, it's probably sitting in the garage covered in cobwebs. I'm still living in a fantasy world where fat bikes are alive, and my rear wheel is currently fucked. I want to borrow your rear wheel for a week or two, or maybe I'll just buy it from you if you have a spare. It needs to be 197mm with a 10 speed cassette or the right hub driver for my 10 speed cassette. Help me please, I don't want to ride one of my skinny tire bikes.

Kaleidopete

Fat bikes are dead. If you haven't sold yours yet, it's probably sitting in the garage covered in cobwebs. I'm still living in a fantasy world where fat bikes are alive, and my rear wheel is currently fucked. I want to borrow your rear wheel for a week or two, or maybe I'll just buy it from you if you have a spare. It needs to be 197mm with a 10 speed cassette or the right hub driver for my 10 speed cassette. Help me please, I don't want to ride one of my skinny tire bikes.
I have two if you want to try 'em, I don't know 197mm. 1 is a Farley, 1 Moonlander. wanna try?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have my 29+ with fat spacing....
you could show @Soundguy how you rock "skinny" tires.
i think it goes to 11 tho - not sure about the driver.

Kaleidopete

Better yet, come get my Farley, da whole bike, I think you'll like it. And make me an offer after you use it for a while.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Better yet, come get my Farley, da whole bike, I think you'll like it. And make me an offer after you use it for a while.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna borrow a friend's Mayor. I've also been looking at bikes, and the Kona Wozo looks very intriguing. I've been thinking my next bike will be 27.5x3.8, but ideally with a 120 or maybe even 140 Mastodon.

one piece crank

...I've also been looking at bikes, and the Kona Wozo looks very intriguing. I've been thinking my next bike will be 27.5x3.8, but ideally with a 120 or maybe even 140 Mastodon.

Kona only offers the Wo and Woo, the Wozo has been discontinued. I'm looking for something different in Fat, but it must be F&R 26x5.05" capable.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For what it’s worth, I’m still interested in test riding the DH bike and then not buying it but it somehow ends up in my possession for the next decade....

You should go to @mattybfat's house to pick up the bike, and then take it to Mountain Creek. On the way home you can drop the bike or some money off at my house.

Last edited:
Top Bottom