I need some recommendations

Not So Fast

1. I bent the rails on my saddle. So I'm looking for a sturdy, comfortable. light weight. I had a Specialized Rival it was comfortable and light. I bent rails after saving myself from an endo and landing hard (215+ lbs) on the nose of the saddle.

2. I'm looking for baggy shorts that allow for lots of movement on the saddle. I ride mostly cross country and move around a lot on my saddle. Hence, I need something that doesnt snag. I'm using a Cannondale short now but I need to add to my collection.

All recommendations are welcome. Please tell me why you recommend the product. Mucho Thanks.

Last edited:

Wazu

I throw a pair of Old Navy Cargo Pants over my bib. They work very well and have super duper clearance cause they are low waisted to begin with. They cost like 12 bucks too. I think that WTB makes a sturdy saddle. I love mine and it ain't a weight weenie one.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i bought a set of the Hoss ponderosa shorts with the jorba discount, and am really impressed with them.

http://www.hossmtb.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

the material is very durable, the lower part of the short leg is sewn to the spandex liner, so no ride up, not super baggy and not too long. plus, not "turtle-neck" action which makes for a much more comfortable ride. even before the promotion, they were priced around 45 bucks, and i think they are better quality then the past two pairs of $60 plus fox shorts i purchased.

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
If you found a saddle that works, don't stray too far from it.You could go Rival SL(if that wasn,t it already)or go better w/ Alias or Phenom.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i like the WTB saddles...and fizik too...but i think the WTB more. that's sort of a personal thing.

as for shorts, my FAVORITE shorts of all time are my NEMA crown jewels. simply love them. unfortunately the company is on hiatus right now and they can't be found. i also have a pair of louis garneau's that are good. i don't like them as much as the NEMAs but they get the job done.

TonyC

1. I bent the rails on my saddle. So I'm looking for a sturdy, comfortable. light weight. I had a Specialized Rival it was comfortable and light. I bent rails after saving myself from an endo and landing hard (215+ lbs) on the nose of the saddle.

Rich,
which saddle did you end up getting? I'm in the market for a new one.
Tony

Not So Fast

Another Spec

I bought another Specialized Rival saddle. I really have no complaints about it. Its comfortable and lets me move around quite a bit without snagging. There are 2 widths I think 130 and 145. I have the smaller one and all is good.

pinkshirtphotos

for saddle I know from riding these on dh bikes
vello makes a freeride saddle
wtb devo
sunline saddes
the industries saddes
if you dont want to worry about rails anymore look at the sdg Ibeam saddles.

Shorts
look at NEMA brand (they are back selling a new line this season)
royal racing

don

I've recently converted to SDG's I-beam for my sussy rig like pinkshirtphotos mentioned. SDG railed saddles are on my other bikes save for the Demolition seat on my Union Street.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I had real bad luck w/ an I beam, and they are hard to come by when your in a pinch.

Top Bottom