I NEED A BIKE!!!...Please help me!

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Scott, congrats. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that bike run you and how is it spec'd out?

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
Tony, no problem. Especially since you guys can relate to spending a decent amount of money on bikes. I'm not letting my friends know it was this much though, lol...

Anyway, total came out to a little over $3000. Like I said, a little more then I was looking to spend, but considering I was thinking of going to about this price with the Heckler, it wasn't a hard thing to do. It's actually coming out to be a better frame(or atleast most would seem to say so), basically the same build kit(RAM 1.5 V. RAM on the Heckler), same shock, and just a different fork for than I was planning. But if you build it up the exact same, it winds up being cheaper than the Heckler would have been! The kit is the R AM 1.5 on Santa Cruz's website. The spec's are as follows:

REAR DER SRAM X9 long cage
FRONT DER Shimano M580A (LX)
SHIFTERS SRAM X7 triggers
CRANKSET TruVativ Stylo w/ Giga X Drive 22/32/44
BOTTOM BRACKET Included w/ crankset
CASSETTE SRAM PG 970, 11-34
CHAIN SRAM PC 971
BRAKES Avid Juicy 5's w/ 185mm rotors
BRAKE LEVERS Avid Juicy 5's
BARS Race Face Evolve AM low riser
STEM Syncros AM onepointfive stem
GRIPS Lizard Skin Logo
HEADSET 1.5 Cane Creek Double X
SEAT POST Race Face Evolve XC
SADDLE WTV Pure V Comp
WHEELS Mavic XM 321 rims laced to Shimano M525 hubs (LX) w/ DT 14 guage spokes, brass nipples
TIRES Kenda Nevegal 2.35 wire
TUBES Kenda Freeride

Rear shock was what I would have gotten on the Heckler, in the form of the DHX 5.0 coil. And it also comes with a RS Lyric U-Turn fork. And all for the same price! What happened was when the order was put it for the complete bike, SC was out of the Domain fork that was supposed to come with it, so they sent it out with the Lyric instead at no extra cost. Again, all for a little over $3000. And Barry(from Planet Bike on 18, which is where I'm getting it from) said that since he got it for this much, he'd pass on the good deal to whoever picks it up. Now the reason this is such a good deal, because if you build this bike up, with R AM 1.5 build, DHX-C shock, and the Lyric fork, it would normally cost over $4000! Over $1000 more!!! It's black, which isn't my first choice, and I was thinking Fox 36 TALAS over the Lyric, but it's a comparable fork and also has the travel adjust, so I gotta decide if I wanna try to trade/sell and get the TALAS or just keep the Lyric. And either way, for the deal I'm getting, I could care less!

So yeah, that's all of it! Like I said, it was kind of a hard deal to pass up! And I'm actually going in for a little interview type thing on Tuesday as I might start working a couple days a week at PB. We'll see though! I hope I do, so there's a little more cash flowing in so I can pay it off a little quicker!

Scott D.

tonyride

Cool. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If I see a pimping black Nomad around CR I'll give you a shout.

tonyride

Finally thread is gonna die
... not that i want it to die or anything o_0
Well maybe I want a new bike now.:p Actually I was looking for a new ride but the $3500 in vet bills we just paid right after I got my wife a new bike kind of put an end to that idea.:( Man, $3500 could have baught a kick ass bike.... but we love our Meatball (Beagle/Basset mix) so it was money well spent.

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Well maybe I want a new bike now.:p Actually I was looking for a new ride but the $3500 in vet bills we just paid right after I got my wife a new bike kind of put an end to that idea.:( Man, $3500 could have baught a kick ass bike.... but we love our Meatball (Beagle/Basset mix) so it was money well spent.

What did the wife get??

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
lol, I guess if anybody feels the need, they can go ahead and lock this. It may be a while before I can pay it off, so I'll just make a new thread when I get it so I can post some pics, lol. :D

Top Bottom