I love America and Americans but the "American Dream" died...for the most part.

Robson

What is the top earning limit to get stimulus check? 75K per individual? If so this make no sense.

Fire Lord Jim

I got my 3rd stimulus direct deposit yesterday. I don't have much income, so I am treated. Thank you.
With Modern Monetary Theory being practiced, government spending has no offset. I can get $1400, airlines can get bailouts, states can get federal transfers, but there is no one on the other side losing because the funds were diverted. In every day life, when we spend on this, we forego spending on that. We understand it. But we don't print the reserve currency. The federal government does.
So government will rain down helicopter money without concern until the theory is proven to be just a theory. When the music stops, good luck getting a chair.

Mahnken

What stimulus checks?

When is Warren Buffett (and other lib billionaires) going to voluntarily pay his "fair share" of taxes?
I wouldn't mind being taxed more, but no way I'm giving them more than they ask for.

Do you still get money for the kids if you don't qualify for the $1400?

JerseyPete

I got my 3rd stimulus direct deposit yesterday. I don't have much income, so I am treated. Thank you.
With Modern Monetary Theory being practiced, government spending has no offset. I can get $1400, airlines can get bailouts, states can get federal transfers, but there is no one on the other side losing because the funds were diverted. In every day life, when we spend on this, we forego spending on that. We understand it. But we don't print the reserve currency. The federal government does.
So government will rain down helicopter money without concern until the theory is proven to be just a theory. When the music stops, good luck getting a chair.

Dingo

What is the top earning limit to get stimulus check? 75K per individual? If so this make no sense.
The person that made 75,010.00 is screwed, why would it not taper off? The whole money give away thing does not make any sense. Not enough for the people really hurting, and silly to give money to those who are not hurting.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The person that made 75,010.00 is screwed, why would it not taper off? The whole money give away thing does not make any sense. Not enough for the people really hurting, and silly to give money to those who are not hurting.
Not true, it does taper. 80,001 and then shit out of luck.

THATmanMANNY

what if you make $75k and are a single parent and have 2 kids or more?
Or maybe you lost that $75k job too.

I will definitely agree that there needs to be more prerequisites that need to be met but the matter of the truth is there isn't enough resources to evaluate everyone's different life and financial circumstances. But saying just a X amount shouldn't get EIP is a little ignant

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

I will definitely agree that there needs to be more prerequisites that need to be met but the matter of the truth is there isn't enough resources to evaluate everyone's different life and financial circumstances. But saying just a X amount shouldn't get EIP is a little ignant
They are using 2019 tax info to calculate, so almost everyone's circumstances have changed.

Cassinonorth

They are using 2019 tax info to calculate, so almost everyone's circumstances have changed.

2019 or 2020 if you filed.

Single parent = head of household. That person making $75k would get $4200.

THATmanMANNY

yes but are you implying it's changed for the better or worse? Or neither and just stating facts. In 2020, my organization cut raises and stopped the extra retirement contribution until further notice which I am not complaining at all that I am still employed.

My point and reality is they can't evaluate $300M+ americans if the point is to get the money out as fast as possible. This is even for the EIP1 and EIP2.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Retired, collecting social security, not working. Gets check.

Top Bottom