I know I asked before..... road bike seat recommendations please

PatrickBrown

anyone in the know, who has any recommendations on a good seat for my road bike. possibly something that is somewhat comfortable, yet forgiving for the male anatomy.

also if the seat is good, I would like to put another of the same seat on my MTB as well. I used 2 flite titanium seats back in the day, but I dont know what the better options are these days

Pat

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
all personal

I know people that have tried several saddles before settling on one. I went from a Fizik Arione that came with my Cdale to a Fizik Aliente, now I have a Selle Italia SLR Gel w/ cut-out.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
My Spez Toupe is surprisingly great. They made a Phenom for mtb just like it but I personally would just run the Toupe offroad. Only prob is it's mega$$$$$$$$$

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I like my Serfas Performance Rx. It take a little getting used to and I can't say it is "perfect" for me from a comfort perspective...but it is pretty good. I can say it is super friendly to the male parts...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I picked up a used Selle Italia Trans Am SLR for like $50 on MTBR's classifieds and have been real happy with it. 189g and feels good, though being a lightweight race saddle it's obviously not comfy as my old WTB rocket V. I doubt I would have paid retail for it though; it's tough to justify a $150 saddle to the wife. Check around ebay and MTBR.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Road seats, and all seats, are very much personal preference son. What one person loves another will despise. Almost every seat now comes with a 30-day comfort guarantee, so start with one, and return it for something else if you hate it. Having said that, I like the Bontrager Race X-Lite MTB seat, I ride it on all 3 of my bikes:D

-Jim.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Another vote for the Specialized Toupe. Takes some getting used to but comfy on the frank and beans!

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Selle Italia SLR on the road and mtn bike. Nice cutout for pressure relief on the man goods (a big plus on the road) and just enough flex.

Top Bottom