i know allaire drains well...

Frank

Sasquatch
but we got hammered today. any clue on what to expect if i ride there tomorrow?

Downed limbs, possible washouts, and some mud puddles. I will go out and do some scouting to see how the park faired, but I ask folks to use the same care that they would during poor conditions in the winter. If it looks f-ed up, ride on the road until it has a chance to recover.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I did a road ride today but i think Monday on the way home I might hit for a few.

Frank

Sasquatch
Thanks to all the work that gets put into Allaire, it is in almost perfect condition. All of the water control features worked perfectly and there were only a few blow-downs. :D Great work everyone !!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
awesome. i was considering going tomorrow, but after many after of getting tattooed during the day i dont think ill be up to it.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I thought I was being good by not planing to ride today. Seems I underestimated how dry things have been (allowing all that water to drain that quickly.)

dhsean

It's all good!

Everything is good and grippy. Me an Chad were slaying the corners, or at least he was until we realized I had cracked the top tube on my Salsa Ala-carte or Ala-cracked I should say. I guess rigid bikes can't handle my 130 lbs of fury. :rofl:

I took the past 2 weeks off from DHing to take it easy and ended up busting the lower link on SC Blur last week so I started using the Salsa and now that's cracked. Now I'm down to my pre-2000 SC Chameleon.

To get back on track Allaire is good, we even moved a downed tree out of trail. It was very quite, everyone was either racing, road riding or surfing.

B

blackflag

How about Saturday - 13 Sep?

Anyone going to Allaire Saturday the 13th? Weekdays are too difficult for me to make them. I was thinkning about earlier in the day.

Question for possible Saturday ride - I cant decide which Bike I should bring

Specialized Rockhopper or my Cannondale Rush. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackflag

I will have to look into it after work. I guess bring my bike there too. . . Will have to look up directions - I am sure they are on this site. Question though - are we expected to bring anything. If I can go, I will be going alone since I am still trying to find new people back here in NJ.

Thanx for the heads up.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I will have to look into it after work. I guess bring my bike there too. . . Will have to look up directions - I am sure they are on this site.

Directions: Pawpawfest 2008

Question though - are we expected to bring anything. If I can go, I will be going alone since I am still trying to find new people back here in NJ.

Thanx for the heads up.

You wont need to bring anything other than a bike, helmet, water and good vibes. Hell if you bring nothing but yourself you can likely get a few demo rides in. This should be a great place for you to meet a lot of NJ riders.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions