I have no idea how to build mouse traps, but I can figure it out.

can i pull this off?

• Total voters

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Thanks for the links, can I pay the insurance after the event? ;)

I got a call from my guy and he wants to meet with me tomorrow to talk with the rest of his team about this event, they are still super excited. Stay tuned!

I guess I shouldn't wear just flip flops this go around right?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Thanks man, I'm wondering what the benefit (if any) of just having USAC do this. I'm also curious of approaching the guys that run NCCX and seeing that if this is a green light, maybe just being part of that series instead. It sounds like it may just run it self and I could be the contact, and they would show up with their horse and pony show with everything else in terms of insurance, scoring, blah blah. That would also bring in all the attention it would need to blow up.

JDurk

When I was the race promoter of the Sizzler, being part of the MASS series helped big time with most of what you mentioned.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I think that may be the ticket, but I'll see what the big dog NCCX guy has to say. It's already a pretty big series with 15 races...

The Kalmyk

Weeks before the 2007 Mercer Cup I saw guys just riding in a grassy field very slowly. I recall it being very odd at the time. It all came full circle when I saw the race.

Mountain Bike Mike

I think that may be the ticket, but I'll see what the big dog NCCX guy has to say. It's already a pretty big series with 15 races...

Maybe do the first one and see how it goes... then try to jump in to the series line up.

Remember the first couple years Ramsey's Revenge was solo and it turned out to be a big hit and was added to the MASS series..

Same with March Mayhem - first year solo, second year became the opener for H2H

jnos

I'm also curious of approaching the guys that run NCCX and seeing that if this is a green light, maybe just being part of that series instead.
A big benefit of this is that you can borrow stakes from him. Even if you don't end up teaming up with NCCX, I'd reach out to them about borrowing or renting stakes from them. If you have to buy, you are probably looking $1-$2 per step-in stake.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Yeah, I think doing a stand alone will be a good place to start and hopefully gain some traction. Stakes are expensive AF, would rather borrow/rent. I think the Charlotte guys have a stash and would help support/promote this with me.

The meeting with dude and dudeman was good, dudemans boss is a little worried about damage, but the soil/grass here looks like some of the most rugged stuff, as its been growing wild for many many years. they never mentioned a cost to use the venue, but they are thinking maybe a percentage of the event goes towards building new trails at the park. seems fair enough.

Going to go back tomorrow to ride around, even though some of the spots are high grass. There is some single track as well too, which is interesting and I wanted to check out.

I made this little map just zigging and zagging, @capedoc you proud?
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Just enough elevation to be interesting I think. They also have this skills park that is rather beginner friendly but something to keep other peoples engaged during le event.

Here's some flicks I took:
CeZFKGv.jpg

This gravel trail goes around the "field". Could easily jump on and off. great starting area stuff. the parking lot is directly to the left.

tI08wAQ.jpg

Original dudeman thought we could jump on this double track, no idea where it goes though.

QsOQbKH.jpg

U2Mzf1v.jpg

Jump off the gravel and zig zaggin through some trees?

LPh7yR6.jpg

watt sectionz

mgatspx.jpg

Closer to the tree is faster and already dead/dirt...

VQ6xnTW.jpg

6snYwCW.jpg

Sections of trees created their own paths, #natural

So yeah, thats that.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Got an email back today from my guy, he is excited about scoping out a course after I sent him this:
unnamed.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
intertape polymer group should sponsor course tape!

i was hoping for the infield, over a the speedway, and maybe integrate one turn! :D
stoke is high!

Top Bottom